Oregon Babies

Did our Kaiser Sunnyside tour...

We really liked it - it is further for us to drive there than to St. V's, but it seems like it would be worth it.  The rooms are very large (deliver and post-delivery) and staff seemed very accomodating.  We are still doing a tour of St. V's, but couldn't get one scheduled until May.  If anyone has any questions about what we saw while there I am happy to answer them. 

Re: Did our Kaiser Sunnyside tour...

• It is such a great place!  I loved the staff, the rooms, everything.  It was further for us to travel too, but we ended up with an induction anyway so we knew ahead of time that we'd have a longer drive. 
  • We did ours last week. I'm excited to deliver there. Hopefully I'll make it, its quite a bit further for us but if we have to do St. V's we're prepared. I think our tour of St. V's is on Thursday evening, I'll let you know how it goes ;-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Providence so far, but I so miss having a Kaiser HMO, I'm jealous of you ladies!  For those of you that have booked St. V tours how far ahead did you do it?  I never got a tour of my Kaiser hospital because DS came so early, and I think I would've been a little less terrified if I'd had a an idea of where everything was etc.  so I'd like to make sure to make it to St. V's long before I need to, just to make sure I've seen it in case I have an early issues again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered at Sunnyside and LOVED everything about it.  Doctors, nurses, all staff were great, the food was good, my drugs came on time, etc.  My room was huge and had a view of the trees, it was gorgeous.

For a Kaiser Pedi, I really love Dr. Leila Mesch (sp?), she's great.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesleepyocean:
    I like Providence so far, but I so miss having a Kaiser HMO, I'm jealous of you ladies!  For those of you that have booked St. V tours how far ahead did you do it?  I never got a tour of my Kaiser hospital because DS came so early, and I think I would've been a little less terrified if I'd had a an idea of where everything was etc.  so I'd like to make sure to make it to St. V's long before I need to, just to make sure I've seen it in case I have an early issues again.

I called toward the end of April and they didn't get us in until May (although I didn't really question it - it may have had something to do with my due date which is July 8th).

• I delivered at Sunnyside two weeks ago and had a great experience.  The lactation consultants were extremely helpful in getting us started on breastfeeding.  Everyone there was very respectful of our wishes and birth plan.  I would recommend it to anyone.  
  • This is great to hear! I work at Sunnyside, but don't know much about the L&D wing. Glad to hear all the positive feedback.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"