Success after IF

Baby is still breech....

Or so it would appear after today's MW appointment.  I go for another growth scan next week at 33w2d and if he's still breech at that point - I'm headed to acupuncturist the next day and will probably also see a local chiropractor who is certified in the webster technique to turn breech babies.  And I'll try a lot of the exercises you can do on your own.  And, we'll see what happens!  If we can't get him to turn - so be it.  I know we still have time though and I'm not freaking out.  Part of me thinks, if he stays breech, well, there's a reason and we'll just go with it (it's an automatic C for me if he does.)  But we'll see if we can persuade him to turn! 

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

Re: Baby is still breech....

• Best of luck!  You still have time.  Hopefully he won't be too stubborn!!!!

xoox

• I didn't know he was breech! Turn jack turn!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, we found out at his 29 week growth scan that he was breech ... and apparently he still is!  Little booger.
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Turn baby!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-----Lisa-----
  • Wow!  I actually did not even think about the fact that they can tell how the baby is situated at a regular appt. I have not had a growth scan so maybe that is why it has not been mentioned.  I hope Jack turns around.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • My friend just had this happen. They tried and tried to turn the babe and she wouldn't cooperate so they schedule her for a c at 36 weeks and delivered her at 39.

I just got confirmation from my OB today that one of the main reasons I was/have been in so much pain is that the trip closest to my cervix just did his flip to head down and his twin is close behind. They had been breech up till probably Sunday when this pain hit me. So.. hopefully yours will get a movin!
  • i have been breach all along too.  We have an u/s tomorrow to see what is up with her.  Based on the movement I am feeling I don't think she is, but heck if I know.

I hope your "tricks" work. :)

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • There's still time. Babies move around all the time. DD was normal the whole time, until I was induced and went into labor. She decided to go butt-down. I had an emergency c-section. Hopefully your little peanut turns. Keep us posted.
    Our family is growing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa>
  • Turn, baby, turn!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I hope he turns!!! mine have both been breech for months ;o(

Turn jack Turn!!!
  • From what I've read, chiropractors have great success with the Webster method.  I see mine every 3 weeks for now and I really believe she's been helping me avoid aches and pains so far.  (Though for me it will still be a c-section because of the twins.)  I hope he flips over soon.
  • I went to a chiropractor and she did the webster technique on me. She wasn't successful, but I still really believe in it! You've got a great outlook on things b/c it is true that if he doesn't turn, its for a reason.... that was the case w mine!!! Good luck, I hope he flips for you!!
  • There's still time - Turn Baby Turn!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"