Success after IF

A little bummed - had 3D/4D U/S ...

We had our 3d/4d ultrasound today, and I have to say - it was not at all what I expected.

ESPECIALLY when the u/s tech showed us that our baby was chewing on her umbilical cord. Now I'm a nervous wreck - thinking it will fall down to her neck and strangle her.

If I could do it all over again .... I wouldn't have gotten it.

Re: A little bummed - had 3D/4D U/S ...

• I'm sorry it wasn't such a good experience :(
    IUI # 1 on 1/19, Beta 2/1 = BFN, Hysteroscopy on 2/15= 5 polyps removed, and cervix cleared, IUI #2 on 4/15 = BFP, Beta#1 on 4/30 @ 15 dpiui= 279, Beta #2 on 5/9 @24dpiui = 10,154, U/S on 8/5 = TWO GIRLS! Born 10/16 at 28 weeks. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry!  I think it's adorable she was chewing on the cord, but completely scary!!  Cute, but scary.

I'm sorry :-(
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you had a horrible experience.

I am wondering though - do all babies chew on their cords?

Is it normal?
  • It won't strangle her sweetie!  Remember - babies in utero don't breathe anyway!  So it doesn't matter if it's around their neck unless the cord itself gets smooshed.  The danger with a cord is compression - not strangling  and your healthcare providers are looking out for you to make sure that doesn't happen.  She's fine!! 

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• And an interesting tidbit - some studies have shown that babies grab their cords and squeeze them - giving themselves a little "rush" because they deplete their oxygen for a few seconds!  And the theory is that they do it on purpose - getting high in the womb!!  Crazy!! 

So she's normal.  And she's only gumming it and is so tiny.  Just looking for a thrill ... ;-) 

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• oh my gosh Lucy is that true?!?! hilarious!!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • I know, crazy huh?  Who knows if it's actually true .. I read it on the internet so it must be - hahahaha!  ;-)  Interesting theory though!!

Wheee!

• Sorry it wasn't so great.

LOL at Lucy's tidbits.  That is totally funny about the "high".  Trouble makers already.

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • I'm sorry. I felt the exact same way. I wish we never had it done. I will not do it for our next child. Dh worried there was something wrong with our baby the dr missed because our babys face looked distorted in ours.
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sorry it was a letdown.  And wow -- I didn't know babies chewed on their chords!  Lucy, that is so interesting! 
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I'm sorry it was disappointing!  Lucy you're such a wealth of knowledge - great info!!  I was thinking too that they are just all gums and those jaw muscles probably aren't strong enough to cause any damage.  Don't worry!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"