Success after IF

let's be frank : how's your sex life.. seroiusly.

Is anyone's sex life better than ever after having a baby?  A girlfriend I work with and I were talking about this today and I told her I never feel up to it, and poor dear husband always feels up to it.. plus it hurts so I avoid it at all costs. I am working on it though, bc I am fully aware that DH has his needs... lately we don't do it enough to make it not hurt anymore. So it's like the first time everytime.  Anyway, my point is my friend ssaid her sex life is actually better than ever since having a baby and that they have sex almost everynight.  I was FLOORED.  I have a hard time believing her lol, I just wish ours was better than ever!!!!!

Re: let's be frank : how's your sex life.. seroiusly.

• we would both rather tackle things off our "Honey-Doo" list, floss,  and rake leaves, than have sex. It's sad but true. We got love, we snuggle, I adore him, and him me. But sex? maybe later. At least we both feel that way, huh?

(yea, next kid will be immaculate conception, I'm sure)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I'm right there with ya ladies. Probably doesn't help that I'm still BF so my hormones are all for the baby. DH hasn't even asked... probably because he knows what the answer would be.

Our lack of sex is soooo sad. I do have one excuse though... he works all day and then comes home and coaches. He probably doesn't feel like it much either.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know about her and I know I have 2 babies to take care of but sex is last thing on my mind when I get in bed.  We've had sex 3 times since i gave birth and each time it hurt like crazy.  It was like the first time each time and I'm not to eager to do it again. 
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• hahahahahahahahhahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. okay..i think im done... wait..hahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhhahahhhahaaha okay..now im done..whew.. yeah, we have successfully done it once since the boys got here..and then it was still uncomfortable.. im the kind of person who likes sex..but no thanks.. sorry for the insane laughing fit..seriously that is what the idea of wanting to have sex at this point does to me ;)
    Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
    Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
    my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!
  • Sex? What is sex? Seriously, I'm too huge to think of sex. But, after my daughter we finally had sex like 9 weeks later and then eventually got back into a groove after like 3-4 months and I was still BFing. As long as you are intimate in ways like snuggles and good in bed talks and such, it's all good. I think! :)
  • So maybe I am a freak, but we have more of it now than we did when were ttc the first time. I think that there is less pressure now? Either way I am not complaining.
  • sex?  What's that?  My cardiologist asked tonight what we are doing to prevent pregnancy.  DH chuckled.  I replied, "not having sex'.  He asked about the future, I said this seems to be working for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HA HA HA HA great answer. My doc asked me the same question. I also laughed. Then she went on to say that why would I want a man touching me when I've had a baby stuck to my boob all day! lol I love her!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Um, yeah... I'd say my interest is back, but finding an opportunity when I'm not too tired...pffft!  Plus, it still hurts like heck!  :-/
  • I had no interest until about 6 months pp. Around that time, my BM supply plummeted and I suddenly was horny as heck. I was in dire need for awhile there but thank god DH and I are having sex again now lol.

Honestly, I think we're having sex more now than we were before my pregnancy. And it is better. I think it just takes some time to get there.

• I must say ours is better than ever.  I don't know how we find time with 2 but we do and it's been fantastic.
    I think part of it has to do with I was on the pill for so long that it lowered my sex drive.  Now it's back haha.  We have sex probably 4 times a week, not this week because we are sick but on average its between 3 or 4 times.
  • Sex is really good...when we have time for it. Or should I say, when I feel like doing it. I just haven't felt like wanting to. I hate my body right now (DH loves it, so that helps) and I'm always tired.
  • Yeah, I laughed when they made me take a PG test at my 6 wks pp appointment.
  • I haven't even attempted it. Not one time since DS was born. DH doesn't seem fazed all that much. When I suggested it, he said having the baby in the room killed it for him. I hope we can figure it out soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"