Baby Showers

help with a saying please =)

ok heres what i'm trying to do ... For my baby shower I thought it would be great if every1 brought either a pack of diapers or wipes but how i am suppose to say that in an invatation ??

Re: help with a saying please =)

• You don't.  First off, you are the guest of honor.  There is no honor in honoring yourself, so you really shouldn't be involved in the invitations/planning outside of providing addresses for the guestlist.

And, it is considered the height of rudeness to specify anything about gifts on an invitation.  You are inviting people to a shower, and the custom is they will bring you a gift.   It is incredibly rude and gift grabby to insist upon ANOTHER gift ie bag of diapers, wipes on top of that.

Do you really not see the problem with that??

• Well I don't know if this is considered rude or not but my mom and sis are hosting my shower and my mom had the idea to do a "diaper raffle", she is giving a raffle ticket to everyone who brings a package of diapers or wipes and in return they will be entered into a raffle for a spa package. My sister went to a shower fro a friend from college who did this. In the envelope with the invitation my mom had printed some large raffle looking tickets with the information for the contest.
    I hope this is somewhat helpful and if you have any questions please let me know.
  • Loading the player...
  • You don't. Super tacky, sorry.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • It's not tacky if you word it right and if there is some sort of prize associated, like mentioned by a poster who did the raffle.  One of my sister's co-workers threw her a shower and did the same thing - if you brought a package of diapers you were entered to win a prize. 
  • I don't...it's almost as bad as writing "cash only" on your wedding invites...Sorry.
  • I think this is a great idea and so did everybody in my family that had never seen it done before. I guess it depends on you and your family. My daughter is now 3 months almost 4 months and I won't have to buy her diapers till she's about 1 1/2 years old. I did it as a raffle and every pack that you brought got you a ticket and I gave away a $50 gift card to Outback Steakhouse. Good Luck.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"