Baby Showers

What are the best Strollers, Car Seats and Pack and Plays........

I went to Babies R Us to register and it was totally overwhelming.....PLEASE HELP. What have you heard, read or seen? I didnt really trust the girl at the store, she looked like she was 12 and she has never had a little one. Her opinion seemed strictly corporate based. I thought I would as the ladies I trust on here!!!!

Thanks

Re: What are the best Strollers, Car Seats and Pack and Plays........

• I don't know if I'll be much help because I am currently expecting our first child.  My husband has done quite a bit of research and discovered that Chicco if supposed to be a good brand for strollers and car seats.  My SIL has two kids and another due next month, she has always used Graco.

• It's more than what stroller or car seat is best. Yes there are good, bad and in between brands, but choosing what to buy is a little more complicated than that. People have different lifestyles and therefore different needs when it comes to choosing baby gear. Go to you library or a bookstore and pick up a copy of Baby Bargains 7th Edition. This is a popular and well informed guide that will help you begin your consumer research. Ask friends and family with young children what they liked and didn't like. Check out the online reviews at BRU, Target and other stores. I think Consumer Reports lacks a bit on the baby stuff, but they do cover your large items like cribs and carseats. Your library will have Consumer Reports online (databases through EBSCO) as well as in house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Babies R Us should carry the Consumer Reports book for 2008.  That's what i used. However all of my friends who have children have recommended the Graco Safe Seats that go up to 30lbs.

• Go get the book Baby Bargains. It's a great resource (and generally better/more up to date than Consumer Reports).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"