Baby Showers

Two Showers for two families?

Make it easier on everyone and have two. I'm having 3 bc my family are planners and ILs are not. 2 in our hometown by each family (about a month part). That's 2.5 hours for us to drive for. One where we live now give by friends. Mom and MIL will be invited to that one but I know MIL won't come and my mom will be iffy.

Re: Two Showers for two families?

• I don't understand the drama.  Most people have several showers between friends, family, and work.  What's the big deal?  Wouldn't it be an awfully large shower if both families were to attend the same one?
  • Have two, More presents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really don't know why you would have a problem with this. We had 4 showers and they were all in the locations where the guests were as our family and friends are all over the place. Asking people to drive over an hour for a shower is asking alot with the price of gas these days besides buying you a gift. 

If your MIL is being gracious enough to throw you a shower in their hometown.. you accept thankfully and go.
  • We're having 2, one for each family.  Why is this a problem?  I had my family shower last Saturday and since it was small, 12 people, I was able to talk and visit with everyone which I really liked.  If we had done a combined shower, it just wouldn't have happened.  Really, let your MIL do what she wants, your mom can still invite everyone, you really can't control it if they don't want to come.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"