Postpartum Depression
Options

Endometrosis and Anxiety

Hello-I was wondering if anyone has endometrosis and anxiety. If so, do you take medicine for it?  I also had PPD and took Zoloft, which was a tremendous help to me.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Endometrosis and Anxiety

• Options
    I was diagnosed with endometriosis a couple of years ago. I had surgery for it then went on lupron shots. I didn't have anxiety while I was being treated but I'm definitely going through ppd/anxiety now, since LO was born. I just started on Lexapro a couple of days ago, so haven't noticed anything yet. Are you being treated for your endo?
  • Options
    I did have surgery and did do IVF to get pregnant, but currently i am not being treated. I didn't know their was treatments actually. I scheduled a dr's appt. My endo is back and worst than ever. What is lexapro?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hang in there. I think it takes a whole month for the meds to kick in? It will get better and better I promise. After a month, I was feeling normal again.
  • Options
    I'm on lexapro to treat ppd. Just started so no change yet, but hoping it comes soon! I did lupron injections for my endo about 8-9 months after surgery. I didn't like the side effects so didn't stay on them long. My endo is better as of now. I hope yours gets better soon! Its definitely not fun!
  • Options

Just a random fact that may also help. Many women with endo also have very low progesterone levels. My progesterone levels have been tested many times and are often WAY below normal. The low progesterone led to huge mood swings in my case, and I hear that is common. Going on progesterone supplements really helps me even out. I used to peak and plummet during my cycles, now I am more steady.

I don't mean that this will solve anxiety/depression problems but something to look into that could help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"