Illinois Babies

Rush Copley

Has anyone went to or know someone who went to Rush Copley Medical Center in Aurora to have thier baby? I just moved to Plainfield and that happens to be the closest hospital. I was hoping for Edwards or CDH, but they are both too far away. I'm in need of a new ob/gyn too. It looks nice but any personal experiences would be better!
Thanks

Re: Rush Copley

• I went there for my first and I really like that hospital.  They don't take my insurance right now so for this one I'll be having it at a different hospital.  Copley is something like the only hospital in the area that is top rated for neo-natal care or something like that too.  And if you plan on breastfeeding, they have really high rates of success working with the lactation consultants.  My old OB was with Women's Healthcare Associates, Dr. Tara Anderson, but there are 3 other female doctors at that practice too.  My new doctor works out of that hospital for Dreyer Medical Clinic, but she isn't taking new patients.  There are a lot of other doctors with that clinic too though, you can check it out at www.dreyermed.com.  
    By the way, isn't there a Provena St. Josephs hospital out that way that might be closer to you?  My sister was in a car accident in Yorkville and that's where they took her.  Copley seems pretty far away from Plainfield.
  • I had my baby there and I really liked it.  We also live in Plainfield so it seemed to be our closest choice.  My doctor is part of the Dreyer Medical Clinic and her name is Dr. Rosemary Espinoza.  I absolutely love her!  Last I heard, she is accepting only new OB patients.
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, if you're in N. Plainfield like us, it's only 10 minutes to Copley.  I'm sure you probably already knew that though....

• I'm in Oswego and have had both my kiddos at CDH and plan to deliver my 3rd there this winter.  Edward Hospital is closer, and I do use them for emergency services, but prefer the rest at CDH.  Most people around me and friends in Plainfield delivered at Edward without a problem.  It's not that far.
  • I had my baby there and really liked it.  My doctor was in the same practice as Dr. Andersen above - Dr. Embry was the one who delivered my baby.  The birthing suites were great, but the room you go to postpartum is rather small, with only a hard chair for DH to sleep on.  

I toured Provena Mercy Medical Center (in Aurora, not far from Copley, but a little further from Plainfield) and they have very nice birthing suites and you get to stay there in those nice large rooms after you have the baby......I would prefer that.  However my OB was with Copley so I went there instead.

• I will be delivering @ Rush Copley.  I have been going to my gyno there for years now & have been really happy w/my experience.  I also read (forgot where!) that it is one of the top rated neo-natal hospitals.  My doctor is Stephanie Simmons and she is great!  I have been to other doctors in the practice as well & have been equally happy.
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! I appreciate everyone's feedback, it will help me & DH make an informed decision!
  • I know this is a little late so I'm not sure if you'll see this, but I'm delivering at Rush Copley.  I actually preferred this hospital over the others b/c they have a lower c-section and epidural rate and seemed to be a little bit more progressive, but I also plan on doing a natural waterbirth so my preferences may be different than yours.  They do have a Level III NICU which I find to be very important as well.  I am seeing the midwives at Rush Copley OB/GYN, but they have a great group of OBs as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"