Philadelphia Babies
Options

Daycare / Nannies near West Chester

Does anyone have suggestions on daycare, nannies or nanny placement services near West Chester?  I am relatively new to the area and need to start researching these but don't know where to start (other than Google!).  Thanks!

Re: Daycare / Nannies near West Chester

• Options

I can recommend the West Chester Goddard School on Andrews Drive.  I am close friends with the owners and they run the best program I have seen (and I have seen a lot).

Nannies: Word of mouth is great if you know anyone who knows someone... a lot of nannies need jobs in this economy.  There are a lot of agencies in the area.  I can't really recommend any... but to share our experience: We went through a couple of nanny agencies when trying to find a nanny for DS.  We were not happy with any of them.  They flooded us with candidates without really providing us with detailed info we felt we needed (detailed resume, etc).  We ended up finding our nanny by posting on Craigslist in in several cases, we were interviewing the same candidates as the agency was sending (and we saw some CL postings that we suspect was the agency looking for candidates).  The screening was TOUGH, we had phone calls with a ton of candidates and interviewed many.  When we found our nanny, we used a nanny service to perform the background and other checks (paid fees based on services requested).  We ended up having that nanny for 2 years, so it was worth the hard work to find the right candidate.  

BTW, if you go the nanny route, you will need to wait until you are pretty close to needing care.  On the other hand, centers tend to fill up months and months (even a year) in advance, so if you go that route, I would have things lined up as soon as you know what you want to do. 

GL! 

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

A friend of mine is a Nanny looking for a job. Her name is Bridget and her e-mail is booklovingeditor@yahoo.com

Hope everything works out for you!

Irish Mama Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"