Illinois Babies
Options

SAHM or WM?

Which are you?  If you work what do you do and where does your LO go to daycare?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SAHM or WM?

• Options
    Lo goes to daycare 2 days a week since i work part time, it really is the best!
    ****DS 6/1/09 **** DD 10/13/10****
  • Options
    I work. Full time unfortunately. Don't have a choice right now. Sabrina goes to a daycare center near my work - about 20 miles from home. Poo. I'm not a fan of being away from her but just don't have a choice right now.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had planned on being a WM at least until we had a 2nd baby, but things fell in place enough to let me be a SAHM. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'll be both, kind of...I'm a nanny, but can bring our baby to my job every day! If my husband is off on a week-day, he will keep her home to give me a break! He manages a retail store, so his schedule varies.

• Options
    SAHM for now
  • Options
    I am a teacher and took this year off so, right now, I am a SAHM.  However, I will return to teaching in the Fall.  At that time, DD will go to the day care center that is run by my school district.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haven't actually given birth yet, but I'll be a working mom, God willing. Can't really see how we'll make our mortgage and everything else without my salary. I'm on the wait list for a daycare close to work. Hoping the plan works out. I hear lots of people change their minds if they have that flexibility. I don't think I do right now the way things are...maybe if we moved to the suburbs (but that's not really an option for us right now).
  • Options
    I am a wm. I am a pharmacist and my mom owns a daycare preschool so my 2 yo goes there and my Dh stays home with the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I unfortunately work.  Can't afford to stay home.  PJ goes to an in-home day care -- our sitter is our good friend's mom who I've known since I was 16.  It's really great.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm self employed so I'm hoping to be able to continue to run my business from home after baby arrives. We may need childcare a few days a week in the future but at the start I will be home with the baby and running my business on the side. I'm a photographer.
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options
    Will be a WM.  No daycare, though, as my husband and I will work opposite shifts. 
  • Options

I'm a working mom- and while my salary is a big reason why I *need* to work, I also *want* to work and never envisioned myself as a SAHM. 

My LO was with a nanny for the 1st approx. year and is now at a daycare.  We aren't sure what we will do when the 2nd kiddo comes along- either do nanny & daycare or both w/ nanny or both in daycare.  I don't mind the extra cost that might be involved- I just want to make sure that DS is engaged enough and I really like how he has developed being in daycare.

• Options

I am pregnant and will be a WM.  I would prefer to be a SAHM, but don't feel comfortable quitting my job given the current costs of education.  I don't think we could afford the education costs on one salary.  We live in the city and daycare doesn't seem feasible so we will be getting a nanny.  There is also a chance that my parents will watch the baby a few days a week, but we haven't worked out the detalis.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"