New York Babies

ob gyn/ hospital recs westchester

edited July 2021 in New York Babies
hi ladies. i am wondering if you can recommend your obgyn in westchester area that goes to a local hospital. i am in the process of moving from queens to westchester in the next few weeks. over the past 10 years i have lived all over the tri-state and am currently still seeing a dr in NJ. we are TTC so i would like to switch soon. (bonus if you have had pregnancy "issues" and can recommend a dr). i really like the dr in nj, which is why i havent swtiched, so i want to find another really great one. thanks in advance!

Re: ob gyn/ hospital recs westchester

• Not sure where in Westchester you are moving, but if you are in Northern Westchester, I can highly recommend my OB/GYN. Her name is Laura Meiserski and shares a practice with Dr. Menn. They both have privliges at Hudson Valley Hospital Center - less than a 5 min. drive from their office in Cortlandt Manor.
    I had my DD with her/at that hospital - I highly recommend both!

• thanks!  thats about 15-20 mins from me.  i will look into it. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor is out of Scarsdale Medical Group and they are associated with White Plains Hospital. It was the nicest hospital, the staff was wonderful, and they have a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (which for us worked out perfectly, because our son had to spend a week there due to being born a month early). We lucked out in my opinion.
  • MIKATE, I looked up the group and there is a few drs. Was your DR a woman?  Do you mind sharing the name? 

• hello

dr. delasho is awesome  White plains   she is absolutely the best obgyn doc there is however I moved to dutchess county so I could not have her deliever my child

Though I recom. her to three friends who continue to go to her and they ALL love her  crazy but I also know four other women who have gone to her for years and have deliever all of their seven kids

• hi sorry i didnt see this sooner! my doctor is Dr. Vyskocil at Scarsdale. she's very laid back and sweet. The doctor who delivered our son is Dr. Eilen - very nice as well, but I havent really interacted with her much otherwise. and I would highly recommend Dr. McGovern (i'm actually thinking about switching to see her more often) - she is very popular with patients, direct and to the point, and knows her stuff. Hope this helps!!

• oh and yes, they are all women except for Dr. Lupin (also nice, he did a surgery for me two weeks after our son was born - long story - and I was never comfortable with a male doctor so I wasn't sure, but I would def go to him again for anything).
  • I've been a patient of Dr McGovern for 15 years and I love her. One problem though - since they merged with Scarsdale Medical Group its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to book an appointment or see your doctor on time (within a half hour of your appt time!) Anyone else have this problem with the change?
  • oh yea i agree that it's really hard to book an appt. i used to get so mad when vyskocil would be like "okay I need to see you next week to do another ultrasound" or whatever and then i'd get to the desk and they'd tell me she was booked for another couple of weeks. great doctors, too many patients. but from what i've heard, this has become a very common issue with ob/gyns in the area.
  • I basically got so fed up with scarsdale medical that i switched to westchester medical group and it was the best decision i ever made! The doctors are all affiliated with greenwich hospital, not the perpetual workzone of WP hospital. You book appointments when you need them and you see your doctor and get your tests/ultrasound done on time and in a gorgeous, quiet, clean facility. Its amazing and i'm so glad I switched.
  • Hands down one of the best OB/GYN practices in Westchester County is the Dr. Khoury's practice in White Plains on North Broadway. He has 2 women doctor's in his practice both of whom are wonderful. I had some health complications and they were all great. They even made my very nervous hubby feel safe and comfortable! I strongly recommend this practice.
  • I do have to say Dr Khoury I have just met today and he is so nice and caring and made me and my hubby feel great about the whole visit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"