LGBT Parenting

We're doing good! (Long!)

Hi everyone!  I know it has been a while - it has been a whirlwind for us!  The past five days have been amazing - both up and down - or I should say - every way possible!  On Tuesday, we had done the 2nd version (he had flipped into breech position after the 37th week) done.  Then we began the process of trying to get my body to begin labor (softening of the cervix and trying to get my cervix to open).  On Wednesday morning (@ 630) - the nurse checked me and I was just a fingertip dilated and way up high!  Mikhail's head was not even engaged into the v-jay so therefore - C-Section.   Took a shower, got prepped for OR and felt my anxiety go up.  However, I had already met some of the people in the OR room so I was able to relax a little bit.  My DP was with me the whole time - no waiting outside of the OR.  Everyone was very supportive and wonderful during the procedure.  Just before they pulled Mikhail out, they asked Shawn (my DP) if she wanted to see - she said "yes" and started jumping up and down - - she was super excited to see our son being born!  It was a wonderful experience for her and I am okay with the whole thing.  There was no way that I would had been able to give birth to a: 

9# 14oz, 20.25" long, 23 cm head on my son's shoulder!  all at 7:49 am on March 31st of 2010!!

Mikhail Hunter G-S is with us!  We came home on Friday evening from the hospital.  It has been amazing experience at home for us and last night my FTM emotions went crazy and nutty -- I demanded that we get Mikhail check at the hospital for the brillium levels since I was getting worried about how fast it was moving in his body.  Also he hadn't have a bowel for 24 hours.. (still waiting, but he is doing number 1).  

As for my critters -- they're interested in him.  Our cats are trying to understand who he is (one of them has "adopted the role as a babysitter" for Mikhail - she is super protective of him!).  Our dogs are doing good with him as well - just very reserved around him.  

But the two of us are just head over heels in love with our son! I'll wait a bit longer before I post our first picture up on the web - (there are some on my facebook page).  

Re: We're doing good! (Long!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"