2nd Trimester

Need help finding Strong Masculine boy names...

DH and I are not agreeing on anything.  He wants something masculine but I do not want boring/traditional. DH really wants it to be able to be shortened to one syllable (if it isnt already).

Any ideas??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need help finding Strong Masculine boy names...

• I'm a teacher so I'll just throw out some names of the boys in my class right now.

Christopher

Nicholas

Max

Isaac

Tim

Sam

Evan

Sean

Zach

James

• My 3 year old wants to name this baby Hercules.  That is pretty strong and masculine and not very boring/traditional.
  • Loading the player...
  • Leon
  • Maxmillian (Max).  It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the word "strong"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think we're going to name DS Grant.  I wanted one syllable to go with DS #1 (Chase).
  • Max Power (Simpsons reference) Wink

• Jackson, Cooper
    "Everything is possible for him who believes.?
  • We had Finley picked out for a boy and we were going to call him Finn. It's a traditional but uncommon boy's name. I loved the name so much that we are using it for a girl now too, but we will go with Finley instead of Finn.
  • Names I like and think are masculine are:

Caleb

Nathan

Andrew

Mark

Luke

Aaron

Jonathon

Joel

My DH is Blake and he is pretty masculine.

• James is great

Blake? 

Joseph-

David- (David was very strong in the bible) 

Chase

Owen

• We had trouble with boy names too!  We were originally going to name him Max, but decided on William (Will for short).  I also really liked the name Cole.
  • We're leaning towards Thomas Joseph and we'd call him TJ.
  • First thing that comes to mind is Biff from Back to the Future.  But you probably don't want to use that name.

What about Max or Mac or Hunter?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • If we have a boy, we're naming him Anthony Christopher.  Just sharing...:)
  • I think a name like Tyson or Blaze as masculine and not common
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageBride_Best:
    I think we're going to name DS Grant.

I like this one as well.

• If we have a boy, we are naming him Jonas Hudson.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • our little man is Layton. Everyone says 'thats a good strong name'. It's not one syllable though.

GL!

• MSC03MSC03 member

imagegirlintheworld:
    We're leaning towards Thomas Joseph and we'd call him TJ.

That's my dad's name! ;-)

imageimage
  • Sam
  • We are going with Samson Kendall for our little man. Sam or Sammy for short since Samson is a big name for a little baby, Kendall is a family name. I must say, we really haven't encountered anyone that LOVED the name, especially family. DH an I couldn't find a name that seemed right and we both liked till this one. Got the idea from the Grateful Dead song, Samson and Delilah and the more we thought about it, its just kinda stuck. Every time the little guy kicks the crap out of me, I think about my little strongman :-)
  • My youngest is named Angus and he fits it perfectly... he seems to be training for the highland games already. 
  • Some of my favorites are:

Liam

Sterling - that's my first son's name, we don't have a nickname for him though.

Beau

Landon

• For some reason, I think names that end in "N" sound very strong.  Some non-traditional ones are:

Alden, Aiden, Braxton, Holden, Declan (we are thinking about this one), Ethan (more traditional)....there's a bunch more on the baby names wizard website (I really like this website and the corresponding book), but you get the idea.

• How about Maddox?
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"