Boston Babies
Options

Movie Matinees

Does anyone know which theaters around here do this?

Re: Movie Matinees

• Options
    Lowell does "Baby Pictures" on Tuesdays at 10am.  I've only gone once.  Here's my review of it from the other board: "It was so cute...the movie and the atmosphere.

I got there and pulled up behind what seemed like a play group of school-aged children. I felt a lil' bad parking near where they were playing, but it was the closest spot to the door, and I wasn't going to lug the infant seat + baby any further than I had to.

I saw another mom lugging her infant seat + baby and instantly felt a sense of relief that I wouldn't be all alone in the theater. She bought her ticket right after me and went to the concession stand...obviously, an old pro at this. I ate before I left and brought water with me...how lame, eh?

As I was trying to figure out which theater to go in, another mom lugging an infant seat + baby came out to ask the employees if she was in the correct theater because she was the only one in there with a baby, and there wasn't a changing area (the old pro said they only had that set up once this summer, for Wall-E which she saw with her older 2 boys and husband as well as her baby girl). Plus, there were a few teens in the back.  She was obviously relieved to see me and the other mom.

So all three of us went in together and sat in the first row of the upper section (plenty of room for the infant seats). The old pro had a 4 month old who sat on her mom's lap most of the time alertly watching the screen. The other newbie had a 2 month old who was awake at the beginning, then fell asleep in her mom's arms for most of it. Both of their babies fussed a lil' bit here and there but were calmed when they were able to get up and walk around.

Caitlyn slept through most of the movie...in her infant seat for the first half and then on my lap for almost all of the second half (she did demand a boob towards the end of our trip (I don't have a hooter hider like the mom on my right, but I tried to be discreet under a burp cloth)).

Overall, I would highly recommend moms get out and go on a date with their wee'uns if Baby Pictures show a movie you're interested in seeing. thumbsup.gif

-Kim E!
    "
  • Options
    https://groups.yahoo.com/group/babyfriendlymovies/

The Capital Theater on Mass. Ave in Arlington does them on Monday afternoons.  If you go to the link above, you can join the yahoo group that sends out the email to vote on the movie that will be seen.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cinema Salem does baby-friendly matinees on Mondays at 10am, I think...
  • Options
    Coolidge Corner hosts Box Office Babies alternate Fridays
    https://www.coolidge.org/babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"