Houston Babies
Options

Baby's 1st Furniture

Has anyone gotten furniture here? How long did it take for your order to come in?

Pros and cons to Babies R Us?

Re: Baby's 1st Furniture

• Options

We bought our furniture there.  We were quoted 6 weeks, I think, for the furniture to come in, but it ended up arriving in 2 weeks.  We were very happy with their service.

There is absolutely no comparison between them and BRU.  The quality is vastly different, IMO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKNJepp:

There is absolutely no comparison between them and BRU.  The quality is vastly different, IMO.

Ditto. In terms of the furniture items you will find much higher quality brands at Babys First or USABaby than BRU. Doesn't mean you won't find something you like an suits your needs at Bru its just not apples to apples.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We got ours from Baby's 1st as well. We were quoted 4-6 weeks but it took a little more than 8. Part of the reason was we ordered just before Thanksgiving so we lost some days due to the holidays. We had ordered early so we still got it in plenty of time.

I agree with K and Sad - you're not comparing apples to apples with BRU and Baby's 1st/USA Baby though there is great stuff at BRU, it just didn't seem as sturdy to me as the furniture at Baby's 1st.

• Options

i agree with everyone.  we got our furniture there and it's great quality.  we were also quoted 6 weeks and got it in 4 weeks.  we used galleria location for first and spring location for second.

good luck.

• Options

I'm going to quadruple ditto everyone else. The quality is not apples to apples vs. BRU.

We got DS's furniture there and were quoted something like 6 weeks with one piece being on back order. The quote on that was like 12 weeks I believe. Everything was in by 6 weeks, even the piece that was on back order. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We got ours through USA Baby - it is similar to Baby's 1st (same brands, etc.)  They matched Baby's 1st prices, and everything was in stock, so we picked up everything from their warehouse that day.

Same sentiments as everyone else - not that you can't find something that you want at BRU, but we preferred the quality of USA or Baby's 1st.

• Options
    We were quoted 6-8 weeks and it came in 3 weeks.  
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else about the quality.  I don't remember how long we were quoted for our furniture.  They had some of it in stock already but we decided to wait for all the pieces to come in and have it delivered.  I think it was around 7 weeks or so for it all to be in stock.  Delivery had to be postponed because a tornado hit their warehouse but our furniture wasn't damaged and was delivered a few days later, with a big discount applied for our "inconvenience".  I was very happy with Baby's 1st and will buy from again when we have more children.
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another thing, we ordered our furniture but heard of a sale coming a week later so called when it was supposed to be and got a nice credit added because of that.  I think they have a 2 week price guarantee.
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We got all of DSs furniture there and we love it.  Excellent quality and it came in just a few weeks.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"