San Diego Babies
Options

Visiting SD w/one yr. old

Hi Guys!

My DH and I will be traveling to San Diego next week and hope to take our one year old somewhere fun. I am torn between Sea World and the Zoo. Any ideas as to which would be better? Any other recs as to things we should do while in town?

We are leaning towards the zoo as my little one is not likely to sit through a show at Sea World and I am not sure how different SW is from Marine World which we have out here.

Thank you so much!!

Re: Visiting SD w/one yr. old

• Options
    I have been to the zoo a few times with DD, and she has had so much fun every trip.  I haven't attempted Sea World for the exact reason you mentioned.  I think Sea World and Marine World are very similar if it helps.  The San Diego zoo, in my opinion, is just amazing.  They have so many different animals, DD cracks up at the turtles each time.  Plus it is in Balboa park which is really nice to walk around in, and it has a kids carousel area. 

Depending on the weather, you can also go to the beach, it's been soooooo nice this week.  We like Coronado Beach, so nice and family friendly.  Have fun, HTH

-Amanda
  • Options
    I think the zoo makes more sense at this age.  And ditto Balboa Park & Coronado beach.  Balboa Park is right there next to the zoo and Coronado beach is awesome!  Check out the Hotel Del Coronado if you go to Coronado beach.  It's beautiful & great for pictures :)

Have fun!

Dawn
    Who lives in SD :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer the wild animal park.  I love seeing all the animals in open areas
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"