San Diego Babies
Options

Doula or Lactation Consultant

Hi-- I wondered if anyone used a doula in their birth (ad liked them).  I will be delivering at Scripps La Jolla and was thiking baout meetig with one.  I will likely end up with a c-section so I guess I could meet with a lactation consultant instead  If you have met with either let me know.  Thanks for the info.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Doula or Lactation Consultant

• Options

Hi there! I delivered at Scripps La Jolla and had a doula.  Her name is Connie Merritt and her number is 858-213-1127.  I ended up having a c-section because my daughter was posterior, but Connie is the only way I made it through 36 hours of drug-free back labor first.  She was a lifesaver!!!

As far as LC's go, Scripps LJ has a *fabulous* group of them onstaff there in the hospital. I must have met with 5 different ones (I stayed the full 5 days out of choice) and all of them were WONDERFUL.  The one I liked the best was named Marie and she was from Ireland. But seriously, you can't go wrong.  Have them come to you as often as you need!

Best of luck!

• Options
    My doula's name is Pat Granada, she is a mother of 6 grown children and grandmother and facilitates a breastfeeding group at Milk Made at Home in Hillcrest so she knows her stuff. She is a spit fire redhead and can connect so well with people while telling it like it is. I still call her up to ask questions every so often and I'm the mother of two. How I feel about her is that she is a great resource when my own mother really could not fill the position. If you want her number email me and I'll send it to you via email.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"