Orange County Babies

Which hospital are you going to use for delivery? Private Room?

Just heard from my doc in Temecula that we don't have private rooms and they do the circumcision in the dr's office 2-3 weeks later. I don't like this. Am thinking of switching the doc and going to an OC hospital. Anyone have any insight on being in a shared post-partum room or how circumcision was treated with your little boy?

Re: Which hospital are you going to use for delivery? Private Room?

• I delivered at Presbyterian Intercommunity (Whittier...the complete opposite from you), but I had a private room and I believe they do circumcisions there. Not sure b/c I had a girl.
  • I delivered at Fountain Valley Hosp with Dr Masserman. The rooms are private and he's a wonderful dr. I didnt circumsize because i had a girl. But I tihnk he would have circumsized at the hospital. THey asked me if I wanted to, should our DC actually turn out to be a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered in Laguna Hills, at Saddleback. I had a private suite for 3 days, and they did the circumcision in house, which was nice. H watched which was gross and sad, but they are truly wonderful. Good luck!
  • I delivered at Mission - private brand new remodeled suite with plasma, marble, sleeping area for DH, etc.  They are pro-DH staying overnight, majorly pro-bfing (i.e. multiple visits by LC), etc. 
  • I delivered at Hoag at Newport Beach.  I think all the rooms are private there.  I have no idea about the circumcision tho. 

• I was at Hoag.  All rooms are private.  They encourage the baby and dad to stay in the room with you.  Dad gets a pull out couch.  Also most rooms face the ocean which is very nice.  It was like a hotel.  I have no clue about circumcision, but I would guess they do it in the hospital.
  • At Hoag, they the the circumcision at the hospital.
  • I had Noah at Saddleback Women's Hospital in Laguna Hills. All private suites and they are also very pro Dad rooming in with you and the baby. I couldn't imagine sharing a room. The birthing suites had jacuzzi tubs and dvd and cd players and all that jazz. They are also very pro bfing and I had a LC come in everyday.

Circumcision was done at the hospital by my pediatrician the next day. They also have in-house pediatricians to perform the hospital checks if your Dr. is far away or not with that particular hospital.

I would switch to somewhere with a private room. It is such a great experience to bond alone with DH and your baby plus it is bad enough when the nurses etc come in every couple of hours to check on you, I couldn't imagine that x 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've delivered both my kids and will my third at Hoag. Ditto about the rooms and dads being in there. It is awesome.

As for the circumcision, when I had my son 7 years ago my Dr. did it the next morning. I'm sure that is still the case. I had a hard time putting my son through it the next day, I can't imagine waiting 2-3 weeks! :(

GL!

• I'll be delivering at Hoag.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered in South Coast Medical in Laguna Beach. All rooms are private with ocean view + free parking.

A was circumsized within 48 hours at the hospital.

• Hoag was awesome- can't beat it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"