Florida Babies
Options

Things to do around X-mas?

I have family coming in beginning 12/19 and most plan to stay until about 1/15.  I'm trying to think of things we can do - preferably on the cheap - while they are down so we aren't just sitting around my house waiting for baby the whole time.  Any suggestions for stuff I can do at 40 weeks that doesn't include sitting at home watching TV? 

Re: Things to do around X-mas?

• Options
    The beach! Not sure where you live, but a day at Ft. Desoto is great (beach + BBQ/picnic) or Siesta Key in Sarasota. A day trip to Tarpon Springs for Greek food/sponge docks is fun. The science center, Dali museum, trip into St. Pete. Maybe a day in Orlando. Clearwater. Hmmmm...so many things! Have fun! :)
  • Options
    I agree with PP about Ft. Desoto and Tarpon  Springs.  In the winter there is a manatee viewing area at the TECO power plant (free). In Tampa, there is Lowry Park Zoo where you can feed the giraffes, although that would be a lot of walking.  There is also the IMAX theatre and the Florida Aquarium at Channelside, MOSI if you have kids staying with you, USF botanical gardens,  and  the Big Cat Rescue.  In St. Pete there is the Pier, Sunken Gardens, a couple of Nature places (Sawgrass park and Boyd).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you like animals, The Big Cat rescue is awesome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"