Maryland Babies

Baltimore ultrasound in office???

Help!!! Does anyone have a doctor in the Baltimore area that actually does sonograms/ultrasounds in thier office. We are frustrated because we will have to go to several different appointments just for the first visit. (I am 8 weeks and havn't had an ultrasound, blood work or anything because the doctor I chose outsources EVERYTHING.) Help!!!!

Re: Baltimore ultrasound in office???

• It's up to the health insurance company you have, not the doctor.  My doctor did it in office, but other people I know who went to her at the same time had to go to a place outside the office, even though every u/s I had was in her office. She specifically told me because I had BCBS I could get it done in office, if I had another insurance, I had to get it done at a lab.

You will have to ask your insurance company if they approve having your doc give u/s in the office or if they want you to go somewhere else. If you get it done in office without asking insurance, they probably will not cover it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another thing with ultrasounds in ob's office is that the machine in their office is sometimes very basic and the ones in a specailists or radiology center are much better quality. So yo if you get your ultrasound somewhere else you might be better off because you will be able to see much more. Also for almost all first visits ob's don't usually do an ultrasounds. They usually don't do the first one until at least 12-14 wks and then again around 20 wks. I am surprised that they are willing to do an ultrasound so early unless you are having issues.
    I would say this sounds very normal and as pp said it could have something to do with ins issues.
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw both Dr. Beth Aronson in Pikesville and Drs. Ginny Merrymand & Dominique Allen on the GMBC campus and they both had u/s in office. The problem was that they didn't do u/s there everyday only certain days of the week.
    Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking ~ Scarecrow
  • Yes all of mine except for the NT scan were at the docs office.  the practice I go to has 2 offices one at Sinai Hospital and one at Crossroads in Owings Mills.  The docs are Kates, Faber, Sondergaard, Minkin, Pearlman to name a few.  Dr Kates is great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"