Maryland Babies

docs in baltimore

Hi everyone! I'm new to The Nest and, having been a Knottie before getting married, I know that this type of post is probably on here ALL THE TIME, but I am looking for some OBGYN recommendations. I have asked around to friends and some have given me names (and I see on this board that some of you have provided names), but what I really want to know is WHY you love your doctor (because different people are looking for different things).

For instance, a gyn that I had a number of years ago was quite talented medically, but had absolutely NO sense of humor or bedside manner and I have a feeling when the time comes for my husband and I to start a family, we're the type of kids who are going to want a little levity in the process!

Can anyone make a recommendation for an OBGYN in the Baltimore area, including the hospital that is their home-base, and give me a few anecdotes about why you love them? It would be a HUGE help. I really want to build a relationship with my doc before my hubby and I start trying.

Thank you so much, in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: docs in baltimore

• I am not sure where you live but my ob has offices in Annapolis and Crofton. I see Chesapeake Women's Care. It is a large practice and I saw all the docs in the practice,I was in the hospital on bedrest for several months so I saw a doc everyday. Anyway all the docs were great but I LOVE Dr.Penn. He was so sweet,patient and caring. He really took his time and was very smypathetic. I had complicated pg and he was very understanding. If you prefer a woman Dr.Wells and Dr.Keith were also very sweet. The only doc I didn't care for as much was Dr.Prichep and he wasn't really that bad just not much personality. If you have any other questions just page me.
    GL and HTH!
  • I liked Dr Chung, she is out of St Joe's now. I liked her because she is really laid back and really calm unless you bring up a concern to her.  A lot of people don't like that, and I could see some people thinking she doesn't care that much, but as a first time older mom, it was cool she was like "it's no big deal, you don't have to get the amnio if you don't want" Where I know most doctors, given my age, would highly recommend it

She was funny too, there was a huge mix up and my DH left to go eat while I went into labor. He walked into the room eating chips and drinking a soda when I was pushing and she was like "your DH is so funny, he was just eating chips like he was watching TV" 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • To be more specific about my location, husband and I live in Towson/Baltimore. The hospitals that we're most interested in, because we have had experiences with them outside of obstetrics, are GBMC, St. Joe's, Hopkins and Sinai.

But thank you for the info! That's exactly the type of anecdotes I'm lookin' for!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry I was no help! I delivered at Anne Arundel so that doesn't work for you.
  • I am using Dr. Scott Supplee at GBMC upon coming highly recommended on this site.  He is really nice, takes a lot of time to get to know you, and has great bedside manner.  The one downfall is that he spends A LOT of time with all of his patients so he is always running way behind schedule.  I have been very happy so far.  I had a pretty horrible experience with some doctors at Franklin Square when my son was born, so I was looking to make a change...so far I am really happy with my decision.  Oh, and GBMC is supposed to have one of the best labor and delivery departments in the area.
    Heather - Nathaniel 10/25/06

Madelyn 11/4/08

• Dr Collerius at St Joe was my OB. She was great. Laid back, never any problems with appts. If I had a concern she was more than happy to help. She did have a sense of humor, when I went into labor I went to her office b/c I really didn't know that I was in labor, the pain wasn't getting closer together or more intense so I just decided to see her in the office, well as she was checking me she said, "you're 4 cm dialated, we're having a baby today!" I was so excited and nervous and she calmed me down.

I would also highly recommend St Joes, it was great, all the nurses were great!

Married July 2006

MC Feb 2009 8 weeks

MC Dec 2009 8 weeks

MC Oct 2013 8 weeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I see Dr. Hunter at GBMC. She is amazing. My husband describes her as a person who he could hang out with and he is not big into doctors. She is in a practice with 3 other doctors and I have met 3 out of the 4 doctors. She delivered my son last Wednesday and my daughter was delivered by Dr. Cyseski in January of 2007. GBMC is awesome. The nurses, techs, and everyone else were outstanding and I felt like I was the most important person there during my delivery. They took great care of my children. My son and I had to be readmitted on Sunday and the care in the peds ward was great. The only negative is the food and it is awful but that's what take out is.
  • I go to Capital Women's Care at St. Joe's. I like it because it is a group practice, so you don't run the risk of your doctor being out of town when you deliver- you have 5 different doctors that you know. They are wonderful and I recommend them to everyone. They are attentive and make you feel really, really relaxed- even when you are worried about your baby. They have delivered 6 babies in my family- 3 c-sections and 3 vaginal. All healthy babies and healthy mommies! The number to Capital Women's Care is 410-339-7447
  • Try OB/GYN Associates at Sinai.  I see Dr Julie Jacobstein and she's fantastic.  95% of the folks in the practice are women, there is one male Ob.  There are two midwives on staff and there are two locations.  One at the Hoffberger building on the Sinai campus and one in May's Chapel.

410-601-5530 is the number for the sinai office.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ALSO, if it weren't for her I wouldn't be pg right now.  Every time I see her I like her that much more. She's so sweet and friendly...I've recommended her to a bunch of people and she was recommended to me so you know she has a lot of satisfied patients.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dr. Suzie Chung is GREAT. I agree with the other girl that wrote. Dr. Suzie Chung practices in the St. Joseph Medical Pavilion. I have been a patient of Dr. Chung's for a long time. She was my doctor when she was at another practice in Towson, I followed her to Glen Burnie and now back to Towson. Dr. Chung is very easy to relate to. She has a young spirit which I like. I also like that her father is also a OB GYN in Glen Burnie. She very personable, easy to talk to, I have called her a mid-night and she has returned my call right way to give me the assistance I needed. She met me at the hopsital on a Sunday to assist in a small procedure. I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL MY OB GYN ,I RECOMMEND HER TO EVERYONE. Give her a call and meet with her then you can see for yourself how great of an OB GYN she is. 410-337-9003. Now I wish I could find a Primary Care Phasician as good as Dr. Chung.

JCR
  • Dr. Susie Chung has a website. Check it out.
    https://www.susienchungmd.com
  • I live in the Baltimore area and delivered at Sinai.  I love the practice I go to.  The doctors are Kates, Sondergaard, Faber, Minkin, Pearlman and a few others.  My main doc is Faber but she broke her leg a few months before I had my baby and was out on disability.  Therefore, Dr. Kates delivered me via c-section.  She is amazing and I love her!  She actually is my favorite and I'll probably stick with her for my future appts.

• I see Dr. Weitz, who is a part of the "Dr. Hunter group" another poster mentioned.  My GYN recommended her b.c I had some trouble getting pg and she wanted me to see a high risk dr.  Although, now I am pg and not high risk, she still sees me.  I love Dr. Weitz b.c she is laid back, on time, and funny.  She answers all my questions without making me feel stupid or silly.  My hubby loves her as well.  Although she is part of a group, you do not need to meet with the other dr. unless you want to.  I've heard great things about delivering at GBMC too.  Good luck! 
  • I totally agree with previous poster about Dr. Julie Jacobstein at Sinai.  I'm one of those super anxious insane people, and she always calms me down and reassures me.  I haven't met all of the other drs in the practice yet-sort of on purpose-Im hoping to dear god that Dr. Jacobstein is on call the day I deliver! Otherwise-bring on the panic attacks!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"