Maryland Babies
Options

Searching for daycare. Where to start?

I live in Elkridge (Howard County) and am starting my research for daycare options. I would prefer to use an in-home daycare provider (not in my home, in their home). Where do I even start? I am so overwhelmed by this process! And does anyone know how I might find info about a Nanny Share in the area?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Even if you could recommend web resources, I would be super grateful.

Thanks!
Gina
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Searching for daycare. Where to start?

• Options

It's smart that you are starting early!

The State of MD actually has a locator service that you can use to help find suitable daycare providers.  You can call them, give them your criteria and they will compile a list of providers for you.

https://tinyurl.com/5c74sm

I found my provider through this service and she is great. I hope this helps!

• Options
    I used Craigs List to find my provider.  Check out the Howard County Child Care Association website...they have referrals and all the members are licensed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are smart to start looking now!  Things fell through for us and at two weeks before i had to go back to work i was scrambling to find daycare.  We opted for a center vs. a home but we love where DS is.  We also live in Elkridge and we take DS to One Love Child Care in Columbia (right off of Snowden River - by Three Bros.)

• Options

All of this information is so helpful, I really appreciate it!

So I guess at this point all I can do is research, right? Would the best approach to be to narrow it down to three or four providers I like and then to contact them once the baby has been born? I guess I'm not sure how to approach the situation once I actually find places I like, even though my due date isn't until mid-February.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    some people will hold places for you new, some won't - I would just figure out who/where you like and then ask them what you can do.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"