Philadelphia Babies

Operation: Revive the Philly Nest Baby Board!

Together...we can do this, ladies!!!

;-)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

"No time to be void or save up on life...no, you've gotta spend it all." ~Pearl Jam

MY BABY BLOG: http://babybeanaroundthebend.blogspot.com

Re: Operation: Revive the Philly Nest Baby Board!

• jc&catjc&cat member

Yes we can!! So glad you posted so we can get this going. I really feel like there is no one in the area and I have been tearing my hair out over finding daycare and pediatrician.

Anyone else delivering at Lankenau? We start class on Monday night!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know, I loved the The Knot Philly Boards but this board has just been so dull.  Hopefully more people will start posting again! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I hardly ever even bother to come on here & check b/c it was always so disappointing every time I did...so I just kind of gave up on it!

jc&cat:  i didn't see that you had paged me on 3rd tri till just now but i did just respond to you there.  anyhow...i am delivering at lankenau too but am totally bummed that DH & i waited too long to sign up for the childbirth classes and now they're all full:(  i wish we were starting them on monday night too!!  wonder if there's any way we could sneak into the class?

"No time to be void or save up on life...no, you've gotta spend it all." ~Pearl Jam

• jc&catjc&cat member
    It might not hurt to call them and ask. They won't turn your money down :) The classes are the 4th, 11th and 18th of August 7-9pm. We went to the getting ready for baby class in July and there were like 6 couples there and that was it.
  • hey girls...I will try to help you out...I still spend time on the Philly Knot board...love those girls and I am on the multiples board some too.
  • Yay!  The more, the merrier!  :)

jc:  I am going to totally see if I can sneak into that class.  I'm pretty sure its out of the question...as it still shows as "full" online...but it couldn't hurt to ask!

• I just called and the only thing they have available at Lankenau/Bryn Mawr/Paoli before my due date is the 1-day Childbirth class from 9am-4:30pm on August 30th at Paoli.  Nothing at Lank or Bryn M.

Poo:/

I wonder if I should just take it?  Its only a week before my due date though.  I could technically have her before then!  LOL

• jc&catjc&cat member
    I wonder how good it's going to be. I'm totally clueless so I'm hoping for good info. I can let you know what is covered. If you want to sign up and it ends up being not worth it, you could always cancel. Going close to your due date may be better since I will likely just forget everything by October! :)
  • Have you tried Riddle?  They are ML Health now and theior class starts next week. 
  • I delivered at Lank and had a great experience (will be there again this November).

If you are looking for a class recommendation, I took the Prepared Childbirth class, breastfeeding class, and Happiest Baby on the Block class.  I cannot recommend the HBOTB class highly enough.  You get the CD/DVD and a swaddling blanket included in the price of the class.  It was so worth it to see everything in action and have the instructor show you the techniques.  It really gave me confidence to handle my newborn and I think made those first few months much more stress free.  I had methods I could use to calm her down very quickly.

J1 1.19.07
    J2 11.17.08
  • I didn't even know there was a Philly Nest Baby board until today! I'm so happy to see posts from people in my area- finally, advice I can use!
  • just saying hello!  hope we can get this going...!
  • Cool- glad to see it back to baby board!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Yay for Operation Revival!  I'm delivering at Lank, too! 
  • I'll def try to come over here more =)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Hi - I'm with you girls in getting this board going.  I'll be checking everyday.

• yay! very excited!
  • Hello everyone!
  • hey everyone! i just found this board. =)
  • OMG!  I can't believe how well this is working:)

Its so nice to "meet" all of you ladies!!

• I'm a newbie and so happy to hear that there is a revitilization project going on here :-)

• happy about the revival!  i didnt realize this board existed... i am bookmarking now.  i usually "live" on the Eco board i guess and i kind of camp at the 2Tri board for now.
  • Hello Girls!!
    Mommy to Catherine 5/19/2005 & Ryan 8/22/2009 My Blog
  • Hello everyone!  I keep forgetting about this board.  I will bookmark it right now!
  • Hello ladies. I usually check out the 0-6mos board and working moms. Nice to meet you all.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"