Philadelphia Babies
Options

day care ?

hi all :)  i'm about 8 weeks and wondering when i need to put my baby to be on a list for daycare... any recs in the montco area?  anyone use goddard or les petits cherubs?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: day care ?

• Options
    i would get on waiting lists asap.  Some places have very long ones.  DS is going to Flanagan's...they have locations in Conshy, plymouth meeting and collegeville.  We really like them.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, get on the lists now.  Depending on where you are the wait can be ridiculously long - I was told 18 months at some places in university city.  Signed up in Jan 2008 and now am still 22 on one list!  We are going to a Kindercare and really like it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use tot-time child development centers and we are fairly pleased with them.  They are very accommodating to our wants/needs and it is a nurturing environment along with educational.  Goddard is really expensive, but I have heard good things about them.  My friend sends her son to les petits cherubs and says it is so so.  The one day she was dropping off her son and there were 10 kids in the room ranging in age from infant to 3 years old, which is way over ratio, but that director just recently left.  You can get a good sense of how the place will be by talking to the director.  If the director is good, ususally the staff is good, since they hire them.  I was never 100% pleased with any place I looked at, but it is hard to put your child in daycare.  I still get my husband to do the drop off.  You probably need to get on the waiting list when you're at about the end of your first trimester or beginning of your second trimester to ensure a spot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"