North Dakota Babies
Options

Good News: Re: Food Wars

Filming should start a week from tomorrow.  No one was expecting it to be so soon, but, yep....a week from tomorrow.  They start out by filming each location (one on Thursday, one on Friday) and then we'll go to a neutral site on Saturday to do the actual "food war".  Brett's been dealing with the producers a lot and he seems really excited.  I'm not sure when the air date will be, but, I'll keep you all updated. 
Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Good News: Re: Food Wars

• Options
    That is so exciting!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lisa7Lisa7 member
    How exciting! I'm stoked to see it on TV =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just saw my first episode of this show yesterday.  It was the one they did in Minneapolis with the Juicy Lucy.  Although I disagreed with the Viking, yes the mascot of the Minnesota Vikings, (he was a judge) I did like how they did the show.  Loved the history they showed about the places and the food that the "war" was about.  Can't wait to see the episode with your place on it!
  • Options

imagesillybiochemist:
    I just saw my first episode of this show yesterday.  It was the one they did in Minneapolis with the Juicy Lucy.  Although I disagreed with the Viking, yes the mascot of the Minnesota Vikings, (he was a judge) I did like how they did the show.  Loved the history they showed about the places and the food that the "war" was about.  Can't wait to see the episode with your place on it!

We watched that episode last night too!!  That female super fan was kind of crazy!  I like how they do the history too. 

• Options
    So cool! I can't wait to see it on tv!
    Anniversary
  • Options

The 5-8 club was one of the first places my husband took me to in Minneapolis on my first visit up there when we were dating.  He grew up a few blocks from the restaurant and his parents live in a different area of Minneapolis now.  What they never show in the show is that its actually at the end of one of the runways at the Minneapolis International Airport (MSP).  A bit loud if you're sitting outside but then again if it's nice out it's just something you deal with because you're too happy eating a Juicy Lucy. Smile

The worst part is NOW I WANT ONE.  And no trip to Minne any time soon. Sad

• Options
    imagesillybiochemist:

The 5-8 club was one of the first places my husband took me to in Minneapolis on my first visit up there when we were dating.  He grew up a few blocks from the restaurant and his parents live in a different area of Minneapolis now.  What they never show in the show is that its actually at the end of one of the runways at the Minneapolis International Airport (MSP).  A bit loud if you're sitting outside but then again if it's nice out it's just something you deal with because you're too happy eating a Juicy Lucy. Smile

The worst part is NOW I WANT ONE.  And no trip to Minne any time soon. Sad

Aww...it has special memories for you then.  Brett liked the 5 - 8 Club burger as well.  I asked him how he could possibly tell via TV and he said, "It just looked like it had more cheese.". 

• Options
    omg Katy, that is so exciting!  I wish I could be there for the filming, so cool!  I can't wait to see it.  :)
  • Options
    I am so excited!!  I can't wait!
  • Options
    That's so exciting! I can't wait to see it!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    Wow!  That was fast.  I hope that this ends up being a good experience and brings lots of business.
  • Options
    Yay! I am so excited! Although I don't think we get that channel :(
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Options
    imagekaters1279:

imagesillybiochemist:

We watched that episode last night too!!  That female super fan was kind of crazy!  I like how they do the history too. 

Victor is a friend of mine from college!! He was Herky the Hawkeye in a past life Smile ... 

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experience, Katy!

married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"