Indiana Babies

grass & babies

It's funny how much a lot of babies hate grass. I tried sitting Andrew in the grass and he immediately started crying. My mom says I did the same thing. I see that Olivia did the same. 

Did anyone's baby not hate the grass?

I hate walking barefoot in the grass to this day!

Re: grass & babies

• Ella LOVES the grass. If she's freaking out, taking her outside and sitting her in the grass - weather permitting - is sometimes the only thing that calms her down!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNDwife07:
    Ella LOVES the grass. If she's freaking out, taking her outside and sitting her in the grass - weather permitting - is sometimes the only thing that calms her down!

ha! really?! that's too funny!   lol

• Loading the player...
  • Nick loves to be outside, taking him oustide calms him down when he freaks out.  But, he hates grass too!  When we try to put him down in the grass he lifts his hands up like, ehw gross and if we don't pick up him fast enough, he'll start to cry.  hilarious.
  • Tyson hated the grass the first few times we were outside, but he's warming up to it.  He still won't really walk or crawl in it, but at least he's comfortable to sit there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS hated it last year, but this year, he LURVES "O-sah" (to translate, that means OUTSIDE, lol). 

We were at my parents late Friday, and my BIL was out digging for nightcrawlers in the backyard, in preparation for fishing the next morning, and I turned and looked and there was DS, barefoot, no less, right beside him!?!

I said, "Where are your shoes?" and he said, "No, mamma.  O-sah" and ran from me, lol.  

• She *hated* it the first time!  We put her in it again the next day and she was a little better, but not much. 

I'm glad she's not the only one, because I thought it was super weird.  

• Evie LOVES the grass.  This weekend she started grabbing and trying to eat it (my child tries to eat EVERYTHING!)

Deleted
  • Maya HATES it.  She is the most easy-going baby but freaked the eff out when we sat her in the grass.
  • Millie hates it too, it's kind of hilarious the lengths she will go to just to make sure she doesn't touch it. We did sit her in it last week and she didn't immediately start crying, so we're making progress!

• Kaylee THINKS she likes it. She points and says "That" at it, but as soon as we sit her down or put her feet in it (even in shoes) or give her a few pieces to touch she's SO over it!

James gets eczema flare ups from the grass. But I don't recall him hating it.

• Ellie hated grass at first--she's fine with it now.  Here are the pics from her first encounter last spring.  haha

• Paige is fine with it. She doesn't like, love it, want to roll around in it, but no problems either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemandyallcorn:

Kaylee THINKS she likes it. She points and says "That" at it, but as soon as we sit her down or put her feet in it (even in shoes) or give her a few pieces to touch she's SO over it!

James gets eczema flare ups from the grass. But I don't recall him hating it.

Hmmm, I was thinking that DS's eczema flare up was from the sun/sunscreen, but now I'll pay attention to grass exposure, too!  Thanks!!!

• At first they did not know what to do. They kept giving me funny looks. Now they LOVE the grass and want to crawl all in it. I have to watch them because they are wanting to pick grass/dirt and put it in their mouths.
  • haha

funny pics Mel!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"