D.C. Area Babies
Options

Reston hospital visiting hours

this is what I found on their website:

Maternity Center - The husband or significant other or labor coach can visit at any time during labor and delivery.  The baby's dad is welcome from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.  Grandparents and siblings are welcome from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.  General visiting hours for family and friends are from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.  No children under 12 years of age are permitted to visit unless they are the baby's siblings.  Visitors are limited to two at the bedside at any one time.  Those not at the bedside may wait in the lobby.
----
does the above include L&D or only post-partum?
TIA

Re: Reston hospital visiting hours

• Options

My sister delivered at Reston last year and they are pretty lax on the rules, except for getting you out the door by 8 p.m.

She had 4 of us in L&D before she had the baby and 5 of us right after the baby was born.  Post-partum, she had up to 6 family members in the room at a time and no one complained. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just delivered there about 2 months ago and I pulled out the sheet they gave me at the hospital. To start off, I think the rules are pretty lax overall as long as you don't have a parade of people visiting. According to the sheet: L&D - Husband/Sig other and labor coach can be with you at anytime. Additional visitors require OB approval. (Both our parents visited me while in L&D and I did not need approval) Postpartum - Husband/Sig other can stay 24/7. Grandparents, siblings, other family & friends can visit from 11am - 8pm (I never had them come earlier or stay later so I don't know how they enforce this rule). Only two visitors at a time (they never enforced this rule). NICU - (Don't know since my babies were not in NICU but I assume they would be more strict here) Grandparents can visit with a parent, 2 visitors at a time. The unit is closed to all visitors during shift change from 6:30am-8am and 6:30 pm -8pm. Hope this helps. If you have any other ?s about Reston, just let me know!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks for the great info!
  • Options
    Just wanted to reiterate that based on my experience they were pretty lax. DH was there the whole time. None of my visitors tried to come before visiting hours, but I'm pretty sure that my parents and ILs were each there a bit later than they were supposed to be. The first night ILs didn't even arrive until probably 8 or 9 and stayed for a bit. I also had DH, my parents, and my 3 siblings all in the recovery room several hours after DD was born (no one but DH was at the hospital during L&D - she came faster than anticipated!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

yup...pretty lax. I delivered at 3am...my husband, sister and mom were all in the delivery room all night long till I had Sydney. DH stayed the 1st night with me the second night he slept at home. I had up to 6 vistors at a time in my postpartum room. And most of my vistor's were there before 10am. They brought me really yummy breakfast in the mornign and a fabulous latte from Starbucks which i was dying for!!! :)

Only thing they probably would have issues with are kids (wasn't an issue for us). Only becuase of germs and probably noise level.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They are lax.  Delivered there not too long ago.  And the comment re: out by 8pm on discharge...was not my experience.  I was in a lot of pain, and was told I could leave whenever I wanted that day, up to 11:59pm.  lol  I ended up leaving around 6pm, but they gave me the option to stay as long as my insurance would allow...to the minute!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"