D.C. Area Babies
Options

Finding a Nanny?

Has anyone used the nannies for hire website? I found a few promising bios on there but it's so expensive to sign up to be able to contact them! Is it worth it? Any other tips on finding a reputable nanny if you've been through the process? Thank you!

Re: Finding a Nanny?

• Options
    I'm interested in reading some answers too.  Our daycare provider is not working out and we were thinking of hiring a nanny for a few days a week. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we went with an au pair which is similar in a lot of respects to a nanny. we were torn between a nanny and an au pair but found infromation about au pairs were better and more supported. i know howyou feel though trying to get info. its not easy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried searching or posting on DCUrbanMom?  I've heard it's a great resource for this kind of thing and you can probably get some feedback on your question about cost (I think I just saw something on the Washingtonians web site about the hidden costs, let me see if I can find a link).
  • Options

We used two nanny agencies, A Choice Nanny and Nannies Inc.  We much prefered Nannies Inc and hired our nanny from them.  

I found the most telling part of finding a nanny to be handing the nanny candidate a fussy baby and seeing how they respond.  It was amazing to me how many nanny candidates just didn't interact with a baby they were holding, one even completely ignored the baby they were holding not even looking at her once. 

• Options
    We used Nannies on the Net and LOVE our nanny whom we hired from there.  A couple of other friends used them too and have been happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"