D.C. Area Babies
Options

How long did you carry a huge diaper bag?

I have a few in mind that I'm looking at, but I wanted to balance out the price/cost and how long I'll carry it.  I hate to spend a lot of $$ on something that I'll really only carry for a year or less, but of course that's the one I like the most.  I found another one that's half the cost, and while I like it, it doesn't make me swoon, if you know what I mean, lol. 

When did you switch to something smaller or just throw a changing kit into a handbag?

Re: How long did you carry a huge diaper bag?

• Options
    my daughters 1 and we still carry the huge diaper bag. it doesn't have formula, bottles or baby food anymore. but now it has toys and entertainment! i swear it will never shrink!
  • Options
    I don't carry a big diaper bag.  I did for a little while with my first, but I couldn't stand it anymore.  Now with my second I was wise and started out with a small bag.  Enough for a few diapers, wipes, a new outfit, and a bottle.
    Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I still use a huge diaper bag.  I also have a basket I keep in the car with toys, books, extra clothes, diapers, etc.

I just upgraded to a backpack type diaper bag for some outings.  I tried a few times to just use a smaller handbag and every time I wished I had something that didn't fit in it so I'd rather just carry the big one.

• Options
    I never carry a huge bag.  I always figure if things get that bad, I can just go home.  I have a small backpack that fits a sippy cup, diaper and wipes, and a few toys.  Good enough!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I never did.  I bought a small messenger bag and use it as my purse and diaper bag.  I carry around 2-3 diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, a washcloth, and diaper rash cream.  I've always been a minimalist though.
  • Options
    Oh, and those duckie bags for putting dirty diapers in.
  • Options
    I bought a few nice big bags for myself and I use those as diaper bags.  I still need to take along diapers, wipes, snacks, bib, sippy cup and a few toys.  So I usually just throw my wallet and phone in the big bag as opposed to trying to stuff baby things in my own smaller purse.
  • Options
    never.  i used the eddie bauer mini bag (not the weekender) and was fine.  still am.
  • Options
    We still use the big one, DD is almost 20 months.  I don't have any good excuse, just that I like to be prepared so mine has lots of stuff in it.  :)
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"