New Orleans Babies

NOLA photogs sharing copyright?

Maybe I am just spoiled from all of the wedding photogs, but everyone I considered for wedding pics gave you the digital files/shared the copyright on all images.  It seems like newborn photogs haven't taken the same path.  Do you know of any newborn photogs that do?  (or any up & comers that might be a little cheaper?) 

I agree that Amy Drouet & similar photographers do great work, but I just think their prices are bit out of hand.

Thanks!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NOLA photogs sharing copyright?

• Hate to say it, but you're going to pay if you want good pictures AND all rights to the pictures.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Hi!

My husband is a wedding photographer and he is getting into the photoshoots with babies & such, I know he would love to do it and he would definitely give you a good deal seeing how he's not a "pro" with babies just yet.. but he is a great, passionate photographer. ..if you go directly through him and not the company he works for, I know he'll give you the copyrights as well. ..if you do go through the company he works for, Wendy (you'll see her profile on the same page as his) takes GREAT baby photos! ..but idk about their copyright policy, I've never asked.. anyway
    You can see his profile here: https://bellapose.com/Bella/about.html (he's the only guy on the page)
    It's hard to distinguish who's photos are who's on the website, but I'm sure he won't have a problem with showing you his own work. :)

Let me know if you'd like to get in touch with him and I'll give you his info in a personal message.. if not, I surely hope you find someone to help you out!

Oh, we're located in Slidell, but this also is not an issue, he'll come to you I'm sure..

• Loading the player...
  • Melizard, I sent you a private message!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm building a portfolio and doing free sessions for maternity/infants/babies/children. Just PM me if you're interested!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepea-kay:
    Hate to say it, but you're going to pay if you want good pictures AND all rights to the pictures.

This is true. Your baby is only little for a short time and in my opinion, having pictures of those moments are definitely worth investing in. I'm a children's photographer in Slidell and I sell digital files and give a copyright release, but it's not cheap at all and it really shouldn't be b/c photographers need to be paid for their work (time, talent, and editing). It all depends on what exactly you are looking for in a photographer and as they say, you get what you pay for.

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
    And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
    FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EmmSquared you've got PM
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"