D.C. Area Babies

Spotting after second internal (possibly TMI!)

I had my second internal yesterday and I started spotting (brownish color) yesterday and today it's going strong. I spotted for a couple days last week too.  No biggie except I also had a huge discharge with it so I called the nurse's line - she said as long as it's not bloody it's probably just due to the internal. I was hoping it would be more than that :( Anyone else spot and have a (sorry if TMI!) really gooey discharge with it?

Re: Spotting after second internal (possibly TMI!)

• I only had one internal exam before being induced, but I remember spotting and some "gooey" discharge.  It could be part of your mucus plug, maybe.
  • Had spotting and gooey discharge after an internal as well -- the doctor said the gooey stuff was mucus plug.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had it but to me it also sounds like a mucous plug (isn't it also called a bloody show), could mean things are progressing!
  • I was hoping it was possibly my mucus plug - I'm not having any contractions or anything but hopefully this will get things moving!  My body is becoming very uncomfortable these days so any sign that the end is near is very good news :)
  • I was thinking same as pp...you are probably losing your mucus plug
  • Yeah, it sounds like your mucous plug.  I lost mine in small pieces for weeks, unfortunately.
  • def sounds like mucus plug, and the spotting could be from the doc sweeping your membranes.  Legally its something they should ask you first, but most don't.  Specially seeing as though your 'about due' by medical standards.
  • Ditto agrippa
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"