D.C. Area Babies
Options

daycare backup for illness

Do you have a backup plan for when baby is sick and can't go to daycare? Or do you just plan on staying home from work those days? I'm just wondering what most people do for this, since I hear it's a common thing, especially at the beginning of the year...

Re: daycare backup for illness

• Options
    I have enough sick days and vacation days that I would just stay at home with the baby
    hi.
  • Options
    We moved my Mom in with us for this very reason. She is an RN.
    :)
    I missed a bunch though March-June becasue C has pneumonia for 3 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH or I would just take the day off. I have over 6 weeks vacation + 10 sick days and honestly, I never use them so it's not that big of a deal. The only issue is missing work that we have due because our jobs our very high stress and demanding but we make it work. - LH
  • Options
    we have an au pair so she watches dd even when dd is sick. our problem is when the au pair is sick. then we use dh's back up daycare option or work from home. so far so good :)
  • Options
    DH and I take turns staying home from work when DD is sick.  Also we are fortunate to have my parents in the area to watch her when we HAVE to be at work and DD has to be home (though I don't like doing that too much because I don't like DD making my not-entirely-healthy-or-young father sick).
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"