North Carolina Babies

HE dryers and dryer sheets

Has anyone heard that dryer sheets mess with the sensor on the HE dryers?  Our dryer will routinely shut off after about 10minutes and the load inside is still sopping wet.  Someone told Bif that the dryer sheets mess with the dryer sensor.  Has anyone else heard this?

We don't like using liquid softener, so I'm not sure what we'll do.

Re: HE dryers and dryer sheets

• I don't know anything about HE dryers, but we stopped using softener completely.  I just put white vinegar in the washing machine in the softener dispenser instead.  Our clothes are just as soft as they would be with softener. 
  • I have not heard of that, however, we had a similar problem a while back.  I have the Whilpool Duet, older style, and it kept coming up with an E on the display and would just shut down.  It took forever to dry b/c I had to keep turning it on.  I found out that the E was telling me that a part called the thermistor had gone bad and we were able to get it from the Sears Parts and Repair place and fix it ourselves and we haven't had any trouble since then. 
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a fan of dryer sheets, so we use dryer balls. You can probably pick them up at your local drug store. Or I know BBB carries them. The only downside is that if you don't have a full load in the dryer the balls sometimes make a thumping sound.
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageECUGirl2004:
    I don't know anything about HE dryers, but we stopped using softener completely.  I just put white vinegar in the washing machine in the softener dispenser instead.  Our clothes are just as soft as they would be with softener. 

Ditto This  and I do have HE machines 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have never heard of this.  We have Kenmore HE and I've used dryer sheets the entire time but haven't had a problem.  Hope I'm not screwing it up!
  • We just started using dryer sheets in our Whirpool HE dryer and have not had any issues (yet!).
  • We also stopped using dryer sheets due to CD'ing when we got our new HE w/d. We use vinegar in the wash and dryer balls in the dryer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"