Los Angeles Babies
Options

okay - I'll try ... anyone's doctor over at Cedars-Sinai?

Hi!  The 2nd tri board is getting a little out of hand.  Anybody else seeing a doctor at the Cedars-Sinai ob-gyn practice?

I like my doctor (Ushigome) but I HATE the way the practice is run ... they're always messing up my appointments, losing my phone messages, always take at least 10-15 minutes to even answer the phone.  Most recently, my doctor did the AFP blood panel (which I argued with her about, since we did a CVS at 11 wks I thought we were just going to do an NT scan for neural tube stuff), some of the markers came back positive, she wanted to refer me for an amnio.  I'm like, "Uh ... no."

So, I'm a tad concerned about the delivery part of it (I get whoever happens to be on call that day).  I'm thinking of hiring a doula because if they're this disorganized ... I'll need all the help I can get.

Re: okay - I'll try ... anyone's doctor over at Cedars-Sinai?

• Options
    i had a similar situation with my dr at torrance, i switched to the midwives up at ucla.  it made a world of difference.

i took birthing classes from cheryl baker and i know she is a doula that has lots of births at cedars.  you could contact her either for a doula or see if she has OB recs?

https://www.birthandbeyond.net/
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm thinking I might wait til after our childbirth classes to make a decision ...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I had a horrible experience with my 1st OB and then switched to Jay Goldberg who delivered my baby at Cedars.  He is amazing and the practice is wonderful.  I cannot say enough about what a great experience I had both with the delivery and all my prenatal care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"