Los Angeles Babies

Allison is here! Birth story inside (long)!

On Monday morning, on April 14....
6AM - I woke up to get ready to attend my mother-in-law's funeral (unfornately, it was a very stressful time for us) and felt my first contraction

7AM - We drove to the Mortuary located 3 blocks from my house. I think the contractions were about 20 minutes apart.

8AM - I decided to come home and not go with the family to the cemetary. Came home, ate breakfast, took an hour nap, and browsed the internet.

9AM - Started timing my contractions. Saw alittle bit of blood. Went on thenest and found out it was "bloody show". People said it could be at least 3 days before I deliver so I am thinking it might be false labor.

11AM - Ate lunch.

4PM - Had another "bloody show" but we were convinced that it was false labor because the contractions weren't consistent (the timing varied from 15-30min) and the intensity wasn't getting stronger. We talked about going to the mall to return stuff but decided it wasn't a smart idea.

8PM - Ate dinner.

10PM - By this time, I had to breathe through each contraction. It started to get stronger but the pain was still bearable. If I had to describe it, it's feels like a menstrual cramp but better because it only lasts for a min and goes away.

11PM - Ate cereal.

12:30AM - Called the LDR dept at the hospital and debated whether or not I should go to the hospital. My doctor wanted me to go to the hospital when I'm 3-5 min apart but the contractions were only 10 min apart.

1:20AM - The contractions started getting stronger and they were now 7 mins apart so we drove to the hospital and on the way there, we had to pull over to the side when I had one contraction. Luckily there wasn't any traffic at this hour!

1:30AM - The nurses checked me and to both of our surprise, said I was NINE centimeters dilated and would be ready to push in about 2hrs! The nurses said if I wanted the epidural that I can still get it.

2AM - By this time, each contraction got more intense and painful. It was hard because the nurses were scrambling to do paper work and I had to stop them from talking when I had a contraction. With each contraction, I told my husband that I think I need the epidural but he and one of the nurses told me to try to hang in there cause I've gone sooo far and they think that I could do without it. And my legs were shaking a lot...my husband had to hold my knees to keep it from shaking.

3:10AM - I was ready to push.

3:39AM - Allison Mackenzie was born!

Overall, I was VERY fortunate to have an easy labor (at least for 18 hours out of the 21 hours) and didn't have to take any epidural or painkillers because the entire pregnancy I had my mind set on epidural!

Re: Allison is here! Birth story inside (long)!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"