Northern California Babies

POLL: Why do your in-laws suck?

This can be a vent post if you like, go ahead and let us know why they suck.
Photobucket

Re: POLL: Why do your in-laws suck?

• As you can see from my post below ;) they are religious zealots who condemn everyone to hell who doesn't believe EXACTLY what they believe. 

I mean, the whole bit.  I think their church is some kind of recovering sex addict cult.  They are perverts to boot.

And they'll be here in 10.

Jesus don't fail me now!!

H :)
    The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My MIL is judgemental and makes negative comments about a lot of family members.  I would probably cry to hear what she says about me when I'm not around.  She also knows how everyone should do everything.  If she makes 1 more comment about how little she eats or what my parents should do regarding moving up to be close to us, my head may explode.

My FIL is great.  I have no complaints : )
  • Loading the player...
  • There is so much to list.

But alas, I cannot ... my luck the sucky ones would find this board and then use it against me.

• They sometimes act helpless over little, simple things that shouldn't and aren't be hard to do.  Other than that, I love them.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Oh I would like to add that my DH completely agrees with me on how wacked my ILs are.  For that reason, I am a LUCKY slut harlot alcoholic DIL.  HA!
    The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I forgot to add, my MIL told everyone at a family meal a few weeks back that she was back below her pre-pregnancy weight 2 WEEKS after my DH was born and her doctor had to make her add a meal everyday because she was just losing too much weight!

And that's supossed to make me feel how??

Ugg...
  • My In-laws cannot seem to care about anything. They are so non-feeling and so ummmm, lax-a-daisical about everything. I think that is the CA in them. I was raised in the southern US states and our cultures are different. Also, whenever the whole family gets together, my MIL never starts cooking until we are all there! Sometimes we have eaten as late as 7:30 or 8pm when DH and I got there at 5pm.
  • ooooh, and DH's MIL is a real treat! My mom cannot seem to budget correctly and does not have her priorities in order. I have stopped fighting with her. She is a lying b!tch.
  • Because not only do they do jack shit for us and never see their granson, but my FIL still has not said one word about what we went through with Paige and waiting for the ultrasound.  I get it, my MIL lives in another country, but my FIL lives in Torrance.  He hasn't seen Nick since November of last year.
  • 'Cause my MIL insists that I not address her directly by name... this after I put up a fuss at having to call her Mrs. C....  'Nough said.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • for the most part I truely like my ILs, but it totally irks me that they go weeks without seeing N...and then I get an email that is all sad poor me about how they haven't gotten to see her is so long and how it would be great if we could fit them in to see her....like I have kept her from them.

And I think it really hurts dh that they don't make more of an effort.

• EB - mine are the exact same!!  I told DH that I can't stand MILs bad mouthing of SIL behind her back - even if I agree -  'cause I KNOW that means she's doing the same to us!!!!
  • Hmm...where can I start? Well, because my MIL lets SIL get away with EVERYTHING and she puts J down at every turn or any mistake.

Because she freaks out at every little thing and says REALLY mean things when she's frantic.

That's all I feel comfortable with posting right now... :)

• Can't even get into it, too many things !!
  • Well... two of my SIL suck. I have 3 SIL, 1 BIL.

The younger SIL.. let's see. She lived with us to finish HS, came back and stayed again.. we helped her get a place, helped pay bills of hers, gave her a car to drive (we felt sorry since she was the youngest and my MIL was dying) .. as a thank you she basically stole 15K from us, wrecked the car we let her use, and called us all sorts of lovely names.

My Older SIL she is *okay* really fake with me, doesn't really talk to my DH that much.. she doesn't love the fact I am white and skipped our wedding because of it. She swears it isn't an issue but then tells everyone else in the family it is.

• I am very lucky and really like my ILs.  There is only one little thing that drives me nuts:  They are older (mid-70s+) and sometimes say things that are so insensitive and even racist.  I know that they don't truly mean them and are just using words/phrases that were "proper" when they were younger, but it is still very difficult.  You should have seen their faces the very moment they realized my best friend is a lesbian - classic!  To say it has toned down since then is an understatement...
  • I like my IL's for now...they live almost halfway around the world. Now my SIL I don't understand probably because I am the opposite, but I do blame my ILs for some of the ways they instilled in my DH & his siblings (but I am sure my DH feels the same about mine or worse.)
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • MIL is super negative and can turn any conversation into a negative. I also hate the way she refers to her children/grandchildren.. she makes it sound like a chore (e.g. raising them, being around them)

My FIL rocks... no complaints there.
  • weeeelllll.... I've been living with mine for the past 5 or 6 weeks, so they've gained some positives and negatives in that time.  Too much to list though - and the end is in sight - we should be moving out into our very own home in the next couple of weeks.  HOORAY!

• My ILs don't care...they are selfish and self-absorbed. MIL's husband only wants to visit with us when he needs something from DH (mainly free computer repair - sorry dude:  the going rate is at least $75/hour).   MIL didn't even call, email, send a card or ANYTHING when she found out about my m/c.   She never calls to see how Ryan is.  I'm starting to hate her.  And she thinks we're coming to xmas.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • My in-laws actually rock, I am very very lucky. My MIL passed away 2 months after we got engaged but she was the nicest person I have ever met. I have 3 great SIL's that I am friends with. Now if you would ask my DH- he would say his In-laws are crazy....my parents! LOL.... which I agree with but love them anyways!!!

• DH lost both his parents in the last 5 years... I never met his Father and my MIL was elderly and had cancer so, we rarely saw her, which was devastating for me as I had big expectations of this "family" I was marrying into.   :( 

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"