Northern California Babies

did you feel clumsy with your carseat initially?

Please help me feel better =) I'm trying out the carseat right now (learning how to do put the handle up and down, take it in and out of the base and etc.) but i'm moving at turtle pace? Is it common to feel clumsy with it at first?

Re: did you feel clumsy with your carseat initially?

• Yes!

Don't worry, you will catch on very quickly.  Keep practicing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes--I basically felt clumsy the entire time I had them. ;)
  • Yep, I still am.  The thing is heavy and akward!
  • Yup, still do. Ditto Eastbaygirl, the thing is just awkward.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes and I felt that way with a lot of the baby gear.  Everything is so bulky or heavy. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Yes! And I'm still super clumsy with it - even the second time around! It's a huge PITA and I've never been able to carry it for longer than it takes to snap it into the stroller or plop it onto a shopping cart.
  • Awh, you'll become a pro before you know it : )
  • yup! Wanna play a fun game, whenever you're parking or walking through a parking lot... look out for infant seats and their owners... watch people struggle to unsnap it from the car, get it to the stroller, etc.

today, at target I got my stroller out, kicked it open (that's how you open it, I wasn't angry at it!) and this guy said "Well that's handy!" I thought it was strange until I saw him take a cart over to his car and pull out an infant carrier... THEN I understood ;)

• Add some weight to it!  It was one thing when we practiced with our SF Giant Lou Seal build-a-bear that weighs like 1/2 pound, it is even harder with a 12 lb baby.  It bugs me when I see a carrier being bumped against a leg and the poor baby is getting jiggled about.  I have to use 2 hands, so I am glad our diaper bag is a backpack.  I always use the stroller with it unless I need a shopping cart at Safeway or Target. 

• Definitely!  I totally thought everyone would think I was an idiot when Ryan was first born so I practiced.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Yes! & good for you for trying it in advance - that did not occur to me so you're way ahead of where I was!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's so cute that you are practicing!  :)  Also remember you won't have the belly between you and the carseat when you are trying to climb into the car to get the seat in and out.  :)

You'll be fine, but yes-  it was awkward at first!
  • Yep, its way hard to do, plus you have a baby in your way of bending over and stuff!  I could never explain that feeling of trying to bend over and have bones, but not your own, in your way.  So I can imagine that it would be super awkward now and not get too much better!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"