Northern California Babies

I think I need a new middle name for Paige

I know it shouldn't bother me because it's our daughter and our choice, but it still does...everyone we have told our middle name to (Janessa) doesn't like it. 

Re: I think I need a new middle name for Paige

• No one really like my kids names. Too Bad i didnt care. DH really said these words " When Orion asks me , Dad  why is my name Orion Atreyu, i will have to tell him, Son we were at a concert, daddy was drinking , and didnt tell mommy no"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • that's so funny Falynn!
  • Loading the player...
  • I love it! I would stick to your guns if you guys like it then use it.

• I personally like Rachel :-)

Seriously though, if you like it, don't let other people influence your decision.  They have had or will have the opportunity to name their own kids, do what you want.

On a side note, no one liked the names we had picked out if Peyton was a girl.  We aren't sharing what we decide this time around.
  • The other name I like is Joelle
  • No matter what they say now, they'll love it when she's here. Kids have a way of growing into their names.

I fought tooth and nail over Ty's middle name and ended up letting DH have his way- middle names are so rarely used...

• Joelle: youthful

Josette: God will increase

Jolie: pretty

I like those.

• :( I like it! And that's honestly the reason we didn't share names. Since she's been born only my SIL has said "it's a good name, easy to spell, not too common. But the only thing is people might get it mixed up with your name"

She's told me this a number of times. I'm still trying to let it roll off my back. Anyway, I say it's your baby, name her as you please.... AND I like Janessa :D

(one funny story about my name... one of my friends friends used to call me "the white girl with the black girl's name" Um, I thought it was weird. That's the most negative I've gotten about my name... I caught more hell for my maiden name than my first name)

• Well, I think it's a beautiful name (plus I know a very beautiful person with the same name), and if you're happy with it, stick with it! This is one reason I won't be sharing names...
  • ha! I liked Joelle even before I saw that's what you wrote!

I think people will like it once she is here. My family wasn't stoked on Faith Quinn but were so happy to introduce her as such.
  • Funny you should mention that Janessa.  That's why no one likes the name.  They all say "it sounds like a black girl's name"...ummm why should that matter?
  • Oooh Joelle is pretty, but so is Janessa.  Don't let other people change your mind, you will regret it later.

This is coming from a mom who's daughter's middle name is Daytona.... as in Daytona 500 in NASCAR. 

One thing I do regret, is spelling her name the way it is spelled.  We tried to make it straight foward Marie-ssa but no one EVER get's it.  Oh well. 
  • I like it. I shared our names when we picked Hunter and some people said things, those people are rude. If you like the name, when you name her, everyone will love it. She is your angel! Janessa is beautiful!
  • Do people you know call people by their middle names? If not who cares what you give her as a middle name no one is going to call her that anyway..
  • I agree that you should give her whatever middle name YOU like!  How often do you tell people your middle name?  And those that you do...  does it matter if they like it or not?  Names are such a personal choice!  AND Janessa is a beautiful name! 
  • Aw, Amanda... I say stick to your guns.  And seriously, a "black" name?  I think in our generation- especially in California- there are so many different names from so many different cultures and so many people of different ethnicities marrying each other that by the time Paige Janessa is 10 all that will be obselete.  I know you know that though- but that's a total "our parent's generation" thing to say. 

FWIW, I teach a Janessa at my school.  She's 5, cute as a button, and white.  Not that that matters.

Paige Janessa is beautiful.  But I also liked Paige Nicole- so maybe I'm pulling for that to be back on the table! 

I'm clearly no help!

H :) 
    The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh i still love Paige Nicole, but I"m really wanting the initials PJ so I can nickname her that if I wanted.
  • Oh yeah I forgot about that. 

If I had to choose one besides Janessa, I like Paige Joelle.  I don't really care for Joelle by itself but I do really like it with Paigel  It has a good ring to it...   
    The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • One of the middle names I wanted for one of the girls was Janae.  Dh wasn't to keen on it and we decided on a different name. 
  • I hate picking names...it's such a huge responsibility.  Especially when there are so many girl names I love, even for a first name.
  • seriously, do a myspace search for Janessa and see what 'race' comes up. Not that that really matters. People are against obscure names. Janessa's not super obscure, I often say "like Vanessa with a J" and people get it.

I suggested 'Jane' as a name to my DH and he was against it. I'm not sure why I like 'j' names, but they were all of our serious options for naming Jenna.

I say go with what you like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"