Kansas Babies

Wichita - Healthy Babies Program

I posted this in the Wichita thread but it was an older thread and was further down so I thought I might post this in its own thread, hope you ladies don't mind! Big Smile

I wanted to promote the Sedgwick County Healthy Babies program. It's a free education and support program and they offer "baby bucks" for attending groups or classes and then you can trade those bucks in for baby items like play pens, car seats, wipes, diapers, etc.

I actually work for the program and have for the last 2 years. I can't say enough good things about the program. I love what I do and getting to work with pregnant women and watching their kiddos grow up. Smile

Re: Wichita - Healthy Babies Program

• Is it income based? I pass by the sign on Oliver all the time and didnt know if i could apply for it since DH makes enough to not be able to take advantage of the income based options. Let me know!
  • Nope! We serve all moms (and dads!) of Sedgwick county. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Really? I looked online and thought it was income based? Maybe I was looking at a different program.
  • Nope! We target low-income Moms but we serve all moms of sedgwick county. :)
  • I am really interested in this program. What do I need to do to participate? I am glad you posted this information because I have always been under the impression that it was income based, thanks for clearing things up.
  • All you need to do is call our #, 660-7433, between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday through Thursday. (We're closed Fridays). Just let them know you heard about the program and wanna join. They'll ask you some basic questions, due date, age, birthday, address, etc and schedule you for an enrollment! It's really easy. Smile
  • Thanks for the information.
  • I'm in the program now and it's fantastic. Thanks for giving me the umph to go ahead and call them and set it up!
  • imageadryt86:
    I'm in the program now and it's fantastic. Thanks for giving me the umph to go ahead and call them and set it up!

You're welcome! Glad to hear you like it. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"