New York Babies
Options

Recommendations For A Baby Nurse & Pediatrician

edited July 2021 in New York Babies

Hi. New mom to be in Somers looking for recommendations for a Baby Nurse and Pediatrician.  It's overwhelming, and I'd truly appreciate any feedback or info anyone is willing to share.

Thanks!

Re: Recommendations For A Baby Nurse & Pediatrician

• Options

not sure about a baby nurse, but I use Dr. Gary Wenick, he is in Brewster and part of Mount Kisco Medical Group--his number is 845-279-2323.  Good luck, and if you need anything else, just ask!!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • Options

Congratulations on your upcoming baby!  I also live in Somers.  I would highly recommend meeting a few pediatricians in the area.  My reasoning being that everyone 'meshes' well with different types of people including doctors.  What may be a good fit for one person may not be for another.  I can give you some recommendations of people to request a meeting with but I should also warn you that not all of them do prenatal meets simply because they are very busy.

Some people are a little more needy first time parents and some have certain issues with vaccinations (just for a few examples of the importance of being on the same page as your child's doctor). 

I myself work with my son's pediatrician so to me he is someone I have trusted for years and like the way he practices.  However I can honestly tell you that there are people who would argue with me to which I say, to each their own.  MKMG is a great practice with many docs but there are also other docs with smaller practices in the area.  If you would like me to recommend some docs feel free to let me know and I will email you the names. 

Good luck and anything I can do to help just let me know!  It's nice to know some other new moms in the area :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much for the recommendation.  Is Dr.Gary Wenick the only one in that practice or is he in with other Pediatricians? Did you meet him before you had your baby?

Kipper614, I would love additional recommendations/info.  I am new to Somers, so it would be a tremndous help.  Thank you!

• Options
    In that particular office of MKMG Dr. Wenick is the only Dr. in the practice.  I did meet Dr. Wenick before I had my daughter, he is FANTASTIC!!!  He even came to the hospital several times to see her when she was in the NICU for 2 weeks-even though she was under the care of the neonatologist.  However, at night and on weekends you may possibly get another doctor that is on call--I did have to call at night 3 times and everytime Dr. Wenick called me back within 5 minutes.  He also continued to call sevefral times to check on her through out the night.  HTH!!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • Options
    Wow.  That's fantastic. Thank you!
  • Options

A few doctors in the area the I know and/or hear good things about are the following (these are just a few):

-Dr.Peter Richel & Dr.Germanakos (In Mt.Kisco)

-Dr.Pitaro (Somers, Mill Pond Pediatrics)

-Dr.Wenick is a good doc as well and in not too far (Part of MKMG)

-Dr.Toll-Griffin & Dr.Childs are in Brewster/Carmel and are part of MKMG

-In the Mt.Kisco office of MKMG, Dr.Platt, Dr.Ratner, Dr.Collins, and Dr.Mollo are all women and Dr.Barsh and Dr.Horowitz are men.

-In Somers (MKMG) is Dr.Moskowitz (a man).

-If you are closer to Yorktown Dr.Puntillo and Dr.Huang (both women) are part of MKMG in that office.  (There is also a Katonah office but I don't know much about those docs).

I know that's a lot of names but there are many many more...I narrowed it down a bit.  I am a pediatric nurse part-time for MKMG but I also work in the nursery and NICU and NWH so I have met and worked with all of these physicians.  If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!  Good luck with your search :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"