Baby Showers

Boy Baby Shower Ideas

I'm going to be throwing a baby shower for my best friend who is having a boy.  She's not super girly and doesn't like the typical blue/white.  Any one have any pictures, ideas, etc...  I'd love to see any handmade invitations, favors and decorations too.  Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Boy Baby Shower Ideas

• Does she have a theme for her nursery at all? You could build off of that. My hostess through me a Jungle shower. The colors were orange and yellow (it was in the fall too).

For favors we had chocolate dipped pretzels and they were sprinkled with different colors.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I don't have any pics of boy baby showers, but you could do a polka dot or stripes theme.  I love turquoise/red as a color combo, but you could also do green/blue or bold primary colors.

Including nursery decor in the theme is also a good idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd find out what she is doing in the nursery and go with that.  There is a lot you can do for boys...sports, John Deere, fishing, vehicles, zoo, jungle, etc.

• I came across this a couple days ago and think it's really cute.Colors could just be changed for a girls shower too.

https://projectnursery.com/2009/04/diy-backyard-baby-shower-2/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i just had a baby shower for a friend and her baby boy.  she's planning a football themed nursery so we did a football themed shower. we had ticket invites (DIY on photoshop), table covers that looked like a football field (green with white tape), and labels for the different areas (i.e. bleachers - couches and chairs, concession stand - food, locker room - bathroom).  it all turned out really cute!  we even did a baby pool and made it like football squares.  i would insert pictures but i don't know how to do that stuff on the nest.   SORRY!

another thing we did was get an autograph football that we had everyone sign.   HTH!!!

• Our nursery is a baseball/Cubs theme so that is what my sister is doing for our shower as well.  We did baseball theme invites and will throw baseball elements throughout the shower.  Oh, and it's a 'family' shower.  Families and their kids are invited...not just women.  We are doing a nice BBQ and keeping it informal.
    Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagekvinh546:

i just had a baby shower for a friend and her baby boy.  she's planning a football themed nursery so we did a football themed shower. we had ticket invites (DIY on photoshop), table covers that looked like a football field (green with white tape), and labels for the different areas (i.e. bleachers - couches and chairs, concession stand - food, locker room - bathroom).  it all turned out really cute!  we even did a baby pool and made it like football squares.  i would insert pictures but i don't know how to do that stuff on the nest.   SORRY!

another thing we did was get an autograph football that we had everyone sign.   HTH!!!

I love this whole idea, but could you please explain the part I highlighted? You mean a literal baby plastic swimming pool, or a pool like a bet? And what are football squares? lol sorry

• imageEaglefoot23:
    imagekvinh546:

i just had a baby shower for a friend and her baby boy.  she's planning a football themed nursery so we did a football themed shower. we had ticket invites (DIY on photoshop), table covers that looked like a football field (green with white tape), and labels for the different areas (i.e. bleachers - couches and chairs, concession stand - food, locker room - bathroom).  it all turned out really cute!  we even did a baby pool and made it like football squares.  i would insert pictures but i don't know how to do that stuff on the nest.   SORRY!

I love this whole idea, but could you please explain the part I highlighted? You mean a literal baby plastic swimming pool, or a pool like a bet? And what are football squares? lol sorry

A betting pool.  We just created a grid (in Excel) with the expected date of arrival on the vertical axis and weight ranges horizontal axis.   It came out to be 300+ squares so we did it at $1 for 10 squares.   Guests paid $1 and selected where they thought they baby might be born.  If the baby is born within a square that was selected that guest wins the pool/pot, but if the square wasn't selected then the money will go to baby.   I can send you my excel spreadsheet if you'd like...just email me at kvinh546 at gmail dot com

• Love the sports ideas!  Boy-ish AND fun.  Especially for non-girly moms and co-ed/family showers.
  • Thanks!  All of these ideas are great!  I think I'm going with a polka dot theme.  She doesn't really have a theme for the nursery- just green and brown.  So I'm going to go from there.  I'm going to buy a bunch of plain onesies, bibs and beanies so we can decorate them at the shower.  Then I'll use those to decorate too. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"