Washington Babies
Options

Mommy check in

Scarletii ? Hannah 08.07.06, #2 edd 10.13.08

MrsHeidiR ? Sean 01/13/98, Scott 11/6/99, #3 edd 12.20.08

MissLauraQ ? Alex 06/08/01, Willow 11/20/07

Baby_austin7/25 ? Tillman 07/27/05

Sharky ? Devin 6/2/95, Kyler 4/10/96, Ashley 4/17/99, Bryce 7/15/07

Jodynjames2005 ? Jared 2/25/98, Camden & Emilia 3/15/00, Alice & Charlotte 12/29/07

Knittingbride05 ? Abby 08.10.06

Cconway ? Caroline 5.25.06

Indigo91804 ? Logan 6-23-03, Liam 8-28-05

TEID ? Talon 1.23.06

MrsBPO ? Kayleigh 11-5-2003

Candypants ? Jacques 05/13/06

Groovyflor ? Forest 11/16/06

Jeswoo ? Aidan 5/30/06, Abbie 9/14/07

Ember15 ? Bethany 4/13/06

JDCSKF ? Josephine 12/18/06

Cmcmillan ? Mason 12/26/06

SeattleJilln ? Benjamin 12/29/06

MrsAmack ? Oliviya 1/5/07

Dawnna76 ? Eli 3/12/07, #2 edd 10.26.08

Alkibride ? Isabella 3/25/07

MrsAmyB ? Megan 3/28/07

Lyn141 ? Grace 4/2/07

April302005 ? Addison

Tracntom ? Ethan 4/25/07

Farvesgirl4 ? Brett 5/8/07

Jaime&Shawn ? Elijah 3/30/07

ElissaBallard ? Avery 6/13/07

Loveinlucca ? Amelia 7/1/07

NikolletteB ? Charlise 2/26/05, Ashlyn 8/10/07

Nancy_Drew ? Audrey 07/25/07

Yen007 ? Genevieve 07/30/07

Tfarabians ? Cruz 8/13/07

PixelVixen ? Payton 8/17/07, edd #2 02/02/09

Charlene76 ? Adriana 8/17/07

Lilacladybug ? Alexander 9/17/04

Angluvsammon ? Finn 10/10/07

Wildfire ? Avery 10/24/07

Watchpot ? Walter 10/19/07

Melissabrian ? Hailey 10/23/07

Xosheenaox ? Alivia 11/9/07

N.CarolinaGirl ? Rose 11/13/07

Arikaleeanne- Brygette 11/24/07

Lovethe1story ? Kiernan & McKenzie 12/24/07

Chibipoe ? Sydney 1/2/08

Feb07burke ? Eva 2/18/07, #2 edd 08.04.08

LuvBug12683 ? Jacob 10/26/06, Norah 07/22/08

MissBlush ? Evangeline 2/12/08

Sdgirl6/7/06 ? Nathan 2/6/08

Jonasmommy- Jonas

June24Bride ? Brynlee

TaKhLakh - Gage 2/24/08

Sunmountain ? Carson 3/6/08

Marcilla ? Cara 3/11/08

Jen_and_tom ? Paige 3/30/08

RachLove ? Jackson 2/1/07, Natalie 4/4/08

IkesHawaiian06 - Emma 4/18/08

Cambria&Kell - Elijah 5/30/06 & Heidi 3/26/08

Anemic_Royalty ? Baby Boy 5/14/08

AnnetteWalker ? Robert 5/16/08

M&M823 ? Matthew 5/16/08

BriandSean ? Kaylin 5/20/08

Sarahsl ? Lincoln 5/24/08

Mamav2.0 ? Zuzu 06/06, Gibriel (DS) 6/6/08

Carlyboo42 ? Gabriel, Gianna 6/16/08

Cwhip ? Mikayla 6/17/08

Noisy_Penquin ? Will 6/13/08

Kthoran ? Holly 8/20/07

Maddycat ? Graysen Olivia 6/23/08

Jas*sgirl ? Adelyn 6/25/08

Board2Mountain ? Oliver 7/1/08

BethS2006 ? Gabriel & Audrey 7/20/08

MandR ? Ray 07/18/08

Jll143 ? Dane 8/7/08

BrieanneB ? Riley 2/1/08

Karau- Paige 8/11/08

Preston18- Nathan 8/12/08

Em7.31.04

Fwgirl

Hi ladies, I'm filling in for Susan for awhile.  Big shoes to fill!  Thanks for all the questions last week, it makes my job a ton easier! ; )

1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time?
2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed?
3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap?
4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old?
5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults?
6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along?
7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop?
8.  Whats going on this week?
9. Questions for next week?

imageimage Brothers! image

Re: Mommy check in

• Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? Turn it to his shows or I can see the backyard from the kitchen!!
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed? I never noticed that Norahs eyes went crosseyed...shes watches me walk around the room...
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? Since Jacob wakes up around 8:30 he only needs one nap around 1:30-4:00p    Norah pretty much sleeps throughout the day...
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? Cheerios! Depending on if they have teeth or not, there are a few other things like frozen peas too!
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? Mac n Cheese, Grilled cheese, chicken nuggets :)pizza
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along? sex...whats that? :) have only done it 2 times since norahs been born...I could use some advice!! (I did have to wait 6 weeks and then another week after the Mirena was put in...so give me a little credit) haha
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop? Neither Jacob or Norah would swaddle... :(
    8. Whats going on this week? I finally get to meet Kim (Pixel) and Tami (Jas*s Girl)...and see Ashley (Takalah..sp?) after almost 6 years!!! SO EXCITED!!
    9. Questions for next week? Recommend your favorite pumpkin patch....
    are you involved with MOPS?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time?I let him play, I can see whole house from kitchen.  I will give a snack and turn on Franklin if all else fails.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed?I don't remember this time...
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? Since he sleeps until 8ish he gets one from 1:30 until 4, cross fingers,.
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? Any canned fruit (light or no syrup), canned veggies, cheerios, toast, avocado
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? Luckily Mason eats what we do he loves; pasta, meatloaf, chinese, any rice or couscous, tostadas w/ avocado.
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along? This was hard for me, c-sec, lack of sleep, nursing every 3 hrs.  It didn't get better for us until around 10 months, when we were all sleeping better.  We would schedule for daytime, on dh's days off. 
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? We stopped around 4 months.How did you stop? He was kicking out of it, so we just stopped. Layer up on jammies, onsies, so he won't get cold.
    8. Whats going on this week? Another Mom's night to see Nights in Rodanthe.  Having some mom's over for lunch to celebrate one's birthday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? Put her in the highchair with me in the kitchen, give her cheerios or a spoon and a bowl and she plays.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed? never really noticed
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? 1-2 naps a day.  Consistancy is the key.  We've always tried to keep the nap times about the same EVERY day, coordinating with sitters.  Then make routines around nap time... so the kid isn't shocked (even if they are unhappy) to know what is going to happen.
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old?  blueberries are a recent favorite, cheese cubes, grapes cut into small pieces, bananas... (fruit is a big hit in our house!)
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults?  good question
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again?  How do you help it along?  I had no drive for 3-4 months.  Just got to get in the saddle.  Lubrication helped immensely.
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop?  DD never liked to be swaddled.
    8. Whats going on this week? 
    9. Questions for next week?  Do you rotate toys?  How often?
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? If it's a meal with a lot of prep work, then I prep while she is napping. Otherwise, she just has learned to deal with the lack of attention while I am cooking.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed? I don't remember
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? Once a day, for a little over an hour. I can't complain since she sleeps 11 hours at night STTN. It's easiest to get her to fall asleep on the way home from something since she transfers easily.
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? Bananas, peas, oyster crackers, goldfish, any small pieces of friut or cooked vegi.
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? Pasta E Fregioli soup, every toddler I have given it to loves it. It's a copy cat recipe from Olive Garden.
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along?
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop? Yes! DD stopped wanting to be swaddled when she was 5 months old, and then I moved her to a sleep sack.
    8. Whats going on this week? Work!
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? this was my question - DH is working late hours and I'm having a hard time getting meals on the table while watching Syd
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed? Not sure, she was never really crosseyed
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? Twice a day for anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. Doing a short version of the bed time routine helps, and making her room as dark as possible.
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? fruit cut into bit size pieces, thats all I've got right now
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? I have no idea so I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along? It takes time that's all I have to say
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop? Yes, we stopped at around 3 months. Just leave one limb unswaddled every few days until everything is out
    8. Whats going on this week? Not much, getting some cavities filled tomorrow, thats it.
    9. Questions for next week? If you nursed DC to sleep how did you do bedtime when you weened?
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time?  Baby bjorn is our life saver.  Or one of us cooks while the other holds/watches boo.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed?  hmmmm you know I dont remember.  I can tell you at 3 months she is a lookin around fool.  I love it!
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap?  twice a day and they are usually for an hour or so. 
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old?  na
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? dh does most of the cooking, but if it was me it would be pizza, chicken nuggets and or mac and cheese.
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along? I can tell you even from someone who did not give birth your sex drive still depletes.  You are just so darn tired and all of a sudden have something that needs you 100% of the time.  So you find that those few minutes you have down time you just want to sleep.  I can say that our sex drive has started to pick back up to where it was, so I would say 2 months.  :)
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop?  we did for about the first two weeks...then she wanted her hands by her face and hated the swaddle.
    8. Whats going on this week?  so fun photo opts in a pumpkin patch and a b-day dinner.
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time?I usually put him in the swing or the Excausauser Or if DH is in the house I have him deal with DS.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed? He never seemed to have crossed eyes. But he seemed to focus and notice things at 3 months.
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? On weekends he naps 2 times a day 11am or so and then again about 4pm. If we are in the car he seems to nap there too. No tricks we have started putting him on his tummy for naps and that seems to work. Daycare does this so we started it too. He seems to sleep longer on his tummy.
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? I have no idea DS is not eating yet.
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? Again no idea yet.
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along?  My I don't have much sex drive since baby. I have no idea how to help it along.
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop? We swaddle and now at 4 months we have been working on stopping that. We have been swaddleing 1 arm or just around his body and not his arms. We don't swaddle if he falls asleep and seems like his arms are not going to wake him up we just leave him unswaddled.
    8. Whats going on this week? DS has a little cold so we are dealing with that. And more house stuff. We are picking out counter top and carpet, Also appliances . Big stuff this week.
    9. Questions for next week? When you leave DC over night with someone do they come to your house or do you take DC to their house?

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? Usually I give Cruz pots and pans to play with.  He also has a drawer in the kitchen with spoons and such that he can play with.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed?I don't think Cruz's eyes ever went crosseyed?
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap?anywhere from 1.5 -2.5 hours.  We do a bottle and rock, but he is usually asking me to go to sleep!  I think we have dropped the 2nd nap which is sad!
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old?my question he hates fruit and lunch meats and cheese yikes!
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? Spaghetti, chicken enchiladas
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? all the time! When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along? Not sure, things have gotten better for us now that Cruz sleeps and will play on his own a bit so we aren't so tired all the time!
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop?n/a
    8. Whats going on this week? Gonna try out the childcare at our club, praying it works because at 7.50 an hour it would be much cheaper than the nanny!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time?  Ask Mr P to cook?

3.How long and often does your DC nap? He does nothing but sleep all day. I need tricks to keep him awake. What tricks do you use to get them to nap?

4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old?

6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along? I must be the freak because I wanted it within a week.  We did wait almost 4 weeks. I think the no labor, no contrax, c-section helped with this.

7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop? He still likes it. 

8. Whats going on this week? not much

9. Questions for next week? Any tips for keeping Nathan up more during the day so he sleeps better at night? His awake time is from 6pm-12am

• Options
    1. I put her in her doorway jumper or on the floor in the kitchen with a pile of toys.

2. this was my question.  You can see what I mean in my sig pic. She doesn't do it all the time but I'm wondering when to worry...

3. She naps 3x's a day for 30-60 minutes.  We rock with her or feed her and lay her in her crib. 

4. n/a

5. n/a

6. yup, me.  it hasn't returned for me yet. :(  I don't have any tricks. 

7. we did until about 6 weeks.  She hated the swaddle.  We just stopped.

8. thinking about baby proofing.  She's not crawling yet but her radius of movement is getting much larger...
  • Options

1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? Sometimes I Put her in her highchair ? but usually DH can taker her.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed?  I don?t remember!
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? DD goes from lots of nap time to just a few hours. On Sunday she napped from 2-4PM and that?s it.
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? Berries, melons and cheese.
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults?  Frozen Pasta in a bag ? bertonilli?
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along?  I still wish I had mine back and I am sure DH does also.
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop? DD never liked swaddling, she always had to have her arms out even in the hospital.
    8. What?s going on this week? Salmon Days is this weekend in Issaquah, we are going to the parade, doing the 5k and just enjoying it.
    9. Questions for next week? Let?s talk Halloween ? Any plans? Activites?

• Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? I wait til Emma's playing and not distracted watching me walk around. Now that she's rolling and scooting everywhere though, she's more easily entertained by herself.
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed? I don't ever remember Emma's eyes going cross-eyed. She wanted to see everything from the get-go.
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? Emma naps between 10:30/11 (30 minutes) and 1:30/2 (45-2+ hours, it depends where we are) and then is ready for sleeping around 7:30, but then we do the waking up every two hours, so it's still working itself out. She kinda just puts herself to sleep nap-wise. She used to do that at night, I'm not sure what happened.
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? n/a
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? Mac N Cheese, lol. :-) Since Emma isn't eating, we haven't thought about this yet...
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along?   I asked this one, so far responses have been both comforting and helpful. :-) Thanks!
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop? We swaddled until DD could break out of it. We used a swaddleme but stopped using that when she started wriggling her hands free out of the little slits.
    8. Whats going on this week? This is actually the first week I think we don't have a whole lot going on. Next week is a big week for Nathan, it's a college preview weekend. I'm excited as some of our kids from the youth group should be attending, but then the week after that we go back to Seattle for a few days since Nathan has college fairs. I cannot wait!!!
    9. Questions for next week? Since we're staying with friends and at hotels for about a week, if anyone has experience with this, please share. Is there anything I need to bring. We're mostly staying with friends, but there are a couple college fairs in areas where we're spending the night in a hotel instead. We'll bring the PNP for sure. But what else do you recommend?
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time? I let her roam in the kitchen or DH takes her
    2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed? no
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap? She hardly ever naps more than 2 hours
    4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old? She eats anything. A banana is pretty entertaining. Otherwise like a carrot or celery stick. She loves fruit puffs.
    5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults? not there yet
    6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along? my sex drive took like 5 months to get back to normal.
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? ya but i stopped at like 4 weeks...How did you stop?I simply stopped.
    8. Whats going on this week? Dr appt for me, massage tomorrow, so far
    9. Questions for next week? What time is DC's bedtime?
  • Options

1.  I'm pretty good at this, actually.  We always grocery shop on Sundays and have our menu planned for the week.  So whatever I can do in advance, I will do.  DS has a playroom by the kitchen so he can hang out in there while I'm prepping & cooking.  Or we listen to music & dance together in the kitchen.  But most nights I just manage.

2.  I don't remember.....?

3.  He naps typically once a day, after lunch for 1.5-3 hours. 

4.  Cheerios, other dry cereal, bites of soy chicken nugget, fruit, dried fruit...

5.  I typically have a few frozen homemade dishes in the freezer for our busy nights.  Enchiladas, baked pasta, casseroles, etc.

6.  Sure - it's normal.  It came back but not for many months.  Time was our only savior.

7.  Yes, but we stopped early, around 2 months.  We vacationed in CA and it was too hot to swaddle, so we were kind of forced to stop cold turkey.  But DS did just fine.

8.  Going on a trip to Florida on Thurs-Sun for my BFF's wedding!  Sans DH and DS.  Yeah!

• Options
    1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time?  I either wait til he's napping, wait til DH is around to watch him, or set him up in his bouncy seat in the kitchen.  I am successful about 50% of the time!  haha

2.when did DC's eyes start to focus together and not go cross eyed?  Maybe 2-3 months old I think

3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap?  So far, we've been pretty good about a big morning nap (2 hours) and a couple of one hour afternoon naps.  The last few days have been little cat naps.  To help him nap, I swaddle him up. 

4. What finger foods are quick and nutritious that you can feed your 1 year old?  n/a

5. What are your go to easy meals that you make for both kids and adults?   I'm not help here.  Mac n Cheese is my staple.

6.does/did anyone else not feel like being intimate after DC? When does the sex drive kick back up again? How do you help it along?   I'm actually finding it more enjoyable post-DC

7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop? How did you stop?  Yep....I never want to stop.  :(

8. Whats going on this week?  I love this weather!!!!

9. Questions for next week?  What was DC's first food (besides cereal)?  How old was DC?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. TV or they help or they entertain each other. When they were really little we wouldn't make dinner until Shane got home from work. 2. I don't know 3. Logan took naps until he was 2 and Liam still takes an afternoon nap. It wasn't an option when they still needed it. Logan dropped his last nap on his own. I could tell he was done. No tricks really. I remember when they were really little I let them nap when they needed and they set their own schedules. 4. humus and pita, I bought lunch meats that were low sodium and all natural alot when in a pinch, cheese (of course) I also bought can lentil soups or veggie soups and drained out the liquid for a quick lunch. 5. My question 6. Ya just gotta do it 7.yes, we swaddled until it didn't work any more. They would jsut kick it off but in return they both sleep with blankets now. 8. School, school, school, soccer, bday party oh and work....
  • Options

1.How do you make meals and watch DC at the same time?
    DH works late so we make most of our meals on Sunday for the week. We also have a couple frozen things that can be thrown in the oven. I just heat something up after DD goes to bed.
    I think her eyes were always fairly focused together.
    3.How long and often does your DC nap? What tricks do you use to get them to nap?
    DD naps 2-3 times per day for usually 1-2 hours, though sometimes it is 3 hours.
    n/a
    When we have people with kids over we try to stick with chicken, a veggie and a starch rice/pasta/potatoes/beans
    Depends... some days are better than others. We're just trying not to worry. Things will get better with time and we love each other in many other ways.
    7.Did you swaddle? If so, at what age did you stop?
    How did you stop?
    We did for a couple weeks. Then DD started to get mad about it so we just stopped doing it.
    8. Whats going on this week?
    Working & Trying to catch up on homework. I'm taking DD in to work on Thursday to show her off :)
    How close do you live to DC's grandparents? Do you think this is just right or too far?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"