Washington Babies
Options

Food stains

What are some good tricks/products to get out food stains in your DC's clothing?  Although we use a bib during meal time, Payton always seems to find a way to get food stains on her clothes, that won't come out in the wash.  It's driving me NUTS!

TIA

Re: Food stains

• Options
    No real tricks, I try and strip him down right after dinner if he gets messy and spray-n-wash right away. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Same here.  I spray-n-wash as quick as I can!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    don't know about real food yet, but oxy spray is a miracle on formula stained collars (how is it they manage to dribble it down their backs?!)  let it soak a little.  Others have also suggested the powdered oxy dissolved in water in a bucket and soaking longer then washing....
  • Options
    Dawn dish soap.  It eats the food off dishes and off your clothes.  Just like if you have ring around the collar, use shampoo. 

Good luck.
  • Options
    Okay my answer above looks stupid.  Use shampoo on the collar (i know you probably figured that though).
  • Options
    spray n' wash and oxy clean (the free and clear kind)
  • Options

My kid refuses to wear a bib, so we just strip her down when she is eating food that stains, even in restaurants.

Spray n wash has taken care of a lot of stains. Sometimes I have to wash and treat a couple times before it comes out.

• Options
    I also do Spray 'n Wash + Oxy Clean. I check the clothes when I move them to the dryer. If they still have stains, I don't dry them. I spray them with Spray 'n Wash again and wash them again. The second time usually does the trick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"