LGBT Parenting

Funniest response to your PG

What's the craziest/funniest thing someone has said to you/your DW when you announced your expecting?

I got "Was it planned?" last Sunday- I wanted to say she stayed out late drinking one night and oops- twins!

and someone asked "Did you use donor sperm" and I wanted to answer- nope, immaculate conception!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Funniest response to your PG

• I can't remember who it was, but they asked if DP knew and was okay with it - and it wasn't a joke. Stick out tongue
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • them: "How did that happen?"

me: "there was sperm.  there was an egg!"

• Loading the player...
  • when the inlaws found out about DW being pg , her father looked at me and asked " and this makes you what to the baby?" to which i replied in my big bad voice" the other parent!"  so we are drawing straws to see who gets to tell him when i get PG ...  :-)

• We sent out preganacy announcements to all of our family and friends and most of them asked us which one of us was pregnant??... When clearly I'm the more girly one. LOL
  • imageAnjel24:
    We sent out preganacy announcements to all of our family and friends and most of them asked us which one of us was pregnant??... When clearly I'm the more girly one. LOL

Very often the decision about who will get pregnant is not so simple as to who is the more traditionally feminine. Age, health, insurance, desire to give birth, desire to pass on genes - these are not about wearing skirts :)

I have a friend who threatens that when I am pregnant he will spread the rumor that it was accidental.  That would be amusing.

• imageBostonGayGal:

imageAnjel24:
    We sent out preganacy announcements to all of our family and friends and most of them asked us which one of us was pregnant??... When clearly I'm the more girly one. LOL

Very often the decision about who will get pregnant is not so simple as to who is the more traditionally feminine. Age, health, insurance, desire to give birth, desire to pass on genes - these are not about wearing skirts :)

I completely agree.  There are many other reasons besides 'most girly' for one partner to carry vs. the other. So I think the question you received is rather common. Even on this board it's one of the first things that is asked of 'newbies.'

Well, not really funny, but someone said to K, "Congratulations, you're going to be a father!" And this moment of stupidity came from a well educated female who knows K and I well.  We in no way have the type of relationship where one of us would use a gender neutral or more masculine term for ourselves.  It was very odd.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DW was visiting family this weekend and couldn't keep her mouth shut about the baby! Argh. Anyway, her very elderly great uncle asked if the donor was Costa Rican. DW and her family are not Costa Rican and there are no logical reasons why he would ask this. Very strange, but funny nonetheless.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto to previous posters. I am much more "femme" than my partner, who is a welder and wears men's t-shirts, etc. ?For various reasons, we decided she would carry our baby. ?If people look at us funny, I just tell them that the butch carries everything.... ?
  • imageStilettogrl12:
    I just tell them that the butch carries everything....

Big Smile 

• My mom's boss looked me ddead in the eye and said "I hope Thanksgiving was not at your house and if it was you got a new turkey baster..." I probably turned six shades of red...funny thing is there was not even a turkey baster involved!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I find it amusing when our friends and family start trying to guess who the baby will look like and when our nurse asked about DP medical history.  I giggled, she answered and the nurse was a bit flustered. 
  • imageNikkit78:
    I find it amusing when our friends and family start trying to guess who the baby will look like and when our nurse asked about DP medical history.  I giggled, she answered and the nurse was a bit flustered. 

you never know...one of our kids looks just like my DP and the other acts just like her (so much so it is frightening!) Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"