Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Won't Poop On Potty

I have been potty training my 3 year old son for the past 3 days and he is doing GREAT. He pees all of the time on the potty but won't poop. He doesn't want to wear a pull-up either so it is not like he could just go in that. He just wants to wear his big boy underwear but is holding it in. I am worried he is going to make himself sick...any suggestions??? Is this normal???
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Won't Poop On Potty

• Options

I've heard of kids doing that. Mine doesn't/hasn't yet.

I'm told that it's best not to make a big deal out of it. Just to mention it when they sit on the toilet.

I would suggest buying a cloth pull up. (I know kushies makes them). Just in case.

You might want to increase his fiber a bit too, that way, he might just "fart" it out (gross, I know).

Good luck.

• Options
    DS had a painful poop earlier this week and has been holding it in since then.  Tonight, I went out and bought some plain yogurt and some baby food prunes to mix in.  I plan on feeding him that tomorrow to get things moving so he can't keep holding it. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we too have been potty training for the past 3 days and no poop either! 

he started having "thick" poops a few months ago and we tried miralax to help.  so i gave him some this morning, however, it wasn't working.  so we got children's suppositories and we gave him one tonight and w/in 15min he had to go!  he actually cried when it came out b/c it was big.  sorry probably way TMI but you may not want him to hold it in there too long.  and btw, we tried increasing fiber and thats not even working for our DS.  argh.

and DS also got sick and actually threw up a few weeks back from not going pooh.  :o

GL i hope soemthing helps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options

If you're open to it, chocolate totally worked for us.  I showed her a box of x-day chocolates and told her she got to pick whichever one she wanted when she pooped in the potty.  Within the hour she did it and stayed there almost 15 minutes to get it done.   She was determined!  after that small box was gone we switched to 2 m&ms every time she does it which works great.  Every once and a while she gets distracted and forgets to ask for them which is fine with me.  I will probably discontinue it totally when the bag is gone.

• Options
    We have been doing the M and M thing as a reward for going pee pee on the potty. We tried Miralax and Prunes yesterday and he went but he cried because it was so hard and painful. he has been holding it again ever since so we are going to wait another day and then load him up on prunes again. Dr. said it was totally normal but not to let him go more than 3 or 4 days without going because it is not good for them at all!!!! Why does it always have to be something with our kids??!?!?! Good Luck everyone and thanks!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"