Minnesota Babies

when to start looking for daycare

I am still in first trimester and plan to use an in home daycare of somesort (probably)...when should I start looking/inquiring with people.  I have a recommendation from a friend, but don't want her to think I'm crazy for calling so early ;)  I also hate for someone to be faster than me and snap up a precious infant spot.

Re: when to start looking for daycare

• I don't think you can start too early. We started looking into daycare (home vs center) as soon as we found out we were pregnant. By the time we heard the little heartbeat (around 11 wks), we had a place picked and registered our baby. Our DD now attends a small private center.
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • I'm curious about that same issue.  I'm in my first trimester and know that I'll probably have to go back to work after maternity leave. 

I would love to put baby in a home day care vs. a large center, but have no clue where to even start looking. 

Can anyone recommend any websites to start from? 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would recommend contacting the county you live in for a list of licensed home child care providers. If you don't have a referral, you know they are monitored by the county. Most counties also provide info sheets on what you should look for in a child care provider (home or center) online.
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"