Minnesota Babies

Anyone go to Western OBGYN?

Can you recommend a midwife there?  What was your experience like using a midwife vs. an obgyn?

Re: Anyone go to Western OBGYN?

• I met with all of the midwives from Western OBGYN during my pregnancy.  Two of them are no longer there.  But, Jamie and Cheryl (who are still there) are awesome.  Jamie was on call the night our baby was born, and we thought she did a great job.  Our delivery ended up being a bit complicated, so a doctor actually delivered my baby, but Jamie was there too.  Midwives can do everything except a C section.  All of the midwives were very receptive to the way that I wanted my labor and delivery to be.  Using the big ball to bounce on, soaking in the labor tub, walking, rocking...whatever.  They really focus on making the entire experience the best it can be.  And I believe that Jamie actually knew something that the doctors did not.  My baby was turned the wrong way, and kind of ***-eyed too.  Two different doctors came in to check me and thought that everything was normal.  Jamie didn't think so, and she ended up being right. 

Overall, I had a great experience at Ridgeview.  The doctors who I met with were super too, but I would definitely recommend checking into the midwives there.

I hope that helps!
  • Thanks, I appreciate hearing your experience!  I think I will look into them when I get pregnant again.  I had an OBGYN for my first pregnacy and delivered at woodwinds, but we've moved over here, so I am starting to think about what I want to do with the next baby.

• Loading the player...
  • I love Westwood they are great:)
    I see Dr. Freitus.
    She worked with a girlfriend of mine and was highly recommended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"