Minnesota Babies

Twin Cities Hospitals.

What do you recommend?  I'm looking for a natural birth with a midwife (and possibly doula). 

Re: Twin Cities Hospitals.

• I know Woodwinds in Woodbury has some midwives that do births there.  my cousin had a water birth there with her 2nd,  tried with her first but didn't work out. but she had a midwife both times...
  • Woodwinds in Woodbury or St Josephs in St Paul are your best bet for delivering with a midwife. Both also offer a water birth option, although supposedly St Joes has bigger tubs. Both are part of the HealthEast health system.
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • Loading the player...
  • Woodwinds (Woodbury), St. Joseph's (St. Paul) and St. John's (Maplewood).  They are all part of the HealthEast Care System - supported by HealthEast Midwives.  The Midwives are located in several locations, not all deliver at all hositals.  The Midwives are also backed by OBs for high risk pregnancies or if needed.

I had DS at Woodwinds - attempted a natural birth/waterbirth with the midwives, but ended up needing a c/s after 72 hours of induced labor.  Started out with the midwives, OB performed the c/s.

I'm having DD at St. John's (hopefully soon).  Attempting a natural VBAC birth, supported by the OB that delivered my son.

All three hospitals in the HealthEast Care System will support doulas.  Woodwinds actually has a volunteer doula program and referral line.  You can have them refer you to local doulas even if you aren't planning to deliver at Woodwinds.
  • Ridgeview Medical Center has at least 3 midwives on staff.  I don't think they will do water births, but have huge labor tubs.  I had my daughter there 2.5 years ago, and it was great.  My midwife was so wonderful.  They are doing a huge expansion of their Birthing Center.  This fall when it's completed, it will be even better!
  • I delivered with a Midwife at the Birthplace at Fairview Riverside. All my appointments were with midwives at the Women's Clinic next door to the hospital and they didn't pressure me into anything during the delivery. I ended up opting for the ITN (drug that takes the edge off, but no epi) and it turned out just fine. I really liked my experience there.
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've heard great things about St John's in Maplewood. My cousins gf had her baby there and my grandma has been there a few times, they're very nice! I myself go to Fairview Lakes in Wyoming, but I don't know of any midwives that deliver there.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • I delivered both my girls at Methodist in St Louis Park and loved it.  They do have midwives through the park Nic clinics and I had a doula the 1st time.  I had a great experience both times.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"