Baby Names

Cordelia

Cor-dee-lee-yah

I was thinking nn either DeeDee or Delia.

WDYT?

I lean more toward DeeDee as a nn b/c I like the way Hank (DS) and DeeDee sound, but Delia is a very sweet name. 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Cordelia

• I probably wouldn't use it myself, but I think it's a nice name.

I'm not a fan of DeeDee, though, to be honest. It's too cutesy for my taste (granted, I do have some bad associations that could cloud my judgment on the matter, too!)

• I'm not a huge fan of Cordelia, but I think DeeDee is awful.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to grad school with a girl named cordelia and she went by nealy.  it's a cute nn. :)

ooops- just reread--her name was cornelia with an "n". hence the nealy makes sense. ;)

what about delia for a nn.  

Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Don't love Cordelia...like the NN Delia though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. She wanted to be named Cordelia, and Diana's daughter was called "Small Anne Cordelia". I like it Big Smile
  • ...or could you use nn Cori? Just thinking out loud. Not sure if I like that better than Delia.
  • Such a pretty name.  I'd probably use Delia as the nn myself.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsBraun:
    Don't love Cordelia...like the NN Delia though.

ditto 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • It's a nice, old fashioned name.
  • I thinks its a pretty name, the first thing that comes to mind is Buffy (as in the vampire slayer!)
  • as in Cordy who was on buffy and angel
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Love the name Cordelia (it was my great-grandma's name)!  I was torn between that name and the name we picked for DD #2.  I love the nickname Delia.  The main reason I didn't pick the name was because it was so hard for me to picture a little girl with such a heavy, old-fashioned name.  I really do think it's a beautiful name though!
  • Cordelia is a pretty name I really like it, although I do think of Buffy..
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageshopgirl_07:
    I'm not a huge fan of Cordelia, but I think DeeDee is awful.

This

• I like it. Delia is a cute nn.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • I love Cordelia.

Delia is cute but DeeDee is awful, sorry.

• imagePattypoundcake:
    Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. She wanted to be named Cordelia, and Diana's daughter was called "Small Anne Cordelia". I like it Big Smile

"Couldn't you just call me Cordelia??"  I love when Megan Follows says that to Marilla in the movie. 

• image*Scuzzlebutt*:

imagePattypoundcake:
    Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. She wanted to be named Cordelia, and Diana's daughter was called "Small Anne Cordelia". I like it Big Smile

"Couldn't you just call me Cordelia??"  I love when Megan Follows says that to Marilla in the movie. 

Me too!! Man, they were perfect together, weren't they? 

• imagePattypoundcake:
    image*Scuzzlebutt*:

imagePattypoundcake:

Yes, they were!  I don't ever like the movie as much as the book, but that adaptation is so good.

• Its the name of a city next to where I grew up...
    image     image

image    image

• I like the name Cordelia.  HATE DeeDee.  Delia is cute.  But, I think that nn should come naturally and not decided ahead of time. If you don't plan on calling her Cordelia, then don't name her that.

• I instantly think of Anne of Green Gables.  Cordelia was the name that Anne always thought was so beautiful and romantic.

I'm not really a fan - NMS.  However, I do like the name Delia.  Not really a fan of DeeDee either, sorry.

• I like Delia so much, I would probably just name her that. Cordelia is ok, and DeeDee is not my style at all.
  • imagekiyote72:
    as in Cordy who was on buffy and angel

This is who I think of too... Cordelia Chase (I believe) and they often called her Cordy as a nn.

• If you like it, I'd go with Delia as the nickname. DeeDee is HORRIBLE.
  • Love Cordelia...but hate DeeDee...

Cordelia nn Cori *muah!*

imageimage
  • image*Scuzzlebutt*:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    image*Scuzzlebutt*:

imagePattypoundcake:

Yes, they were!  I don't ever like the movie as much as the book, but that adaptation is so good.

All this exactly.

• I like it. I would prefer Delia as a nn though!  But it's really up to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • ctanactana member

imagebunnybean:
    If you like it, I'd go with Delia as the nickname. DeeDee is HORRIBLE.

This. Sorry, DeeDee is a childish nickname.  I would hate to see that stick into adolescence or adulthood!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I decided not to read the other posts and just reply - this is one of my ALL-TIME favorite names.  But because it was a character on Buffy & Angel, my husband was absolutely against it.  BTW...her nn was Cordy, which I like much better because it's less girly than DeeDee.

Since you live in CA, like I do, do you realize there is a location (town? or is it just a "junction") Cordelia?  I don't know where you live, but it's up in the Bay Area...

• I really like Cordelia. I think DeeDee and Delia are both cute too. I strated liking this name after a baby was named this on The Young and The Restless.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"